HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Mex Turkey season 3 in a row.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/136637-mex-turkey-season-3-row.html)

mexhuntr 03-16-2006 09:01 AM

Mex Turkey season 3 in a row....

Wow those guillotine gooblers really made their job, but there was only one, so when he was down the second started kickingand another arrow flew and once again with the third(with muzzys) great day!

Xtremebone 03-16-2006 09:05 AM

RE: Mex Turkey season 3 in a row....

Mex,

awesome photo, thanks for sharing.

121553 03-16-2006 09:13 AM

Carlos, you better start investing in more freezer space.;)
Our season doesn't open till next month and we're only allowed one gobbler. I put in for the drawing a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting if I got drawn.
I have even been woken up by gobblers first thing in the morning here and at first I thought I was dreaming, but I grabbed the box call, jacket, hood and gloves and the 22. Went out about 60 yrds behind the kabin and made a few clucks and in he comes a running and walked within 10 ft of me and the rest is history. hmm..hmm...
Good job.

Bobby

mexhuntr 03-16-2006 09:19 AM

That was opening day, and here in Mexico we don't have good regulations on that , quite sad for it but sometimes good, don't know what to think.
Thanks Robert.
good luck on the drawing!
Whenever you what to come you're wellcome!!!!!!!

mexhuntr 03-16-2006 01:35 PM

So as I told you before 121553 Robert here in Mexico you can get 3,4 or maybe 5 tags for turkey's or even more. its sad right!

Shootstuff4570 03-16-2006 02:07 PM

wow three??? thats awesome!! congrats!!!!

live2hunt009 03-16-2006 04:06 PM

Thats awesome indiana season still aint here.

mobow 03-16-2006 04:09 PM

OK, that does it......I'm headin to Mexico! Congrats, buddy!

121553 03-16-2006 05:13 PM

I not sure Carlos if its good or not to have a drawing. We draw tags here and have a quota of 300 permits being issued in this county only. Last year the quota was 150 and I didn't get drawn and what pisses me off is I talked to 3 different people who had tags and didn't even go.[:@] I gave them my 2 cents on how I felt about that.
We have a good turkey populationin this county but if its not regulated and kept in cheque, people would go in there and take out an entire flock or shoot them off the roost,ect. and then be overhunted in no time.
Seems like they have a population problem down therewith those rio grandes, so maybe they do need to be thinned out to provide a more healther flock.Maybe theyshould regulate it and charge for a turkey permit and take that money and put it back into a wildlife fund and not to be used to pad the linings of some politician. I'm just not too familiar with the rules and regs down there, hell, I struggle to keep up with them here. Maybe one of these days I just might take you up on that invite. ;)Thanks.

Bobby

aeroslinger 03-16-2006 05:19 PM

That's too sweet. Was you shooting out of a blind? We don't start until a few weeks still. Way to go.