Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's got sweaty feet? >

Who's got sweaty feet?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's got sweaty feet?

Old 03-15-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Who's got sweaty feet?

Didnt want to hijack the other leather boot post so...

I wear a pair of Danner Pronghorns right now for bowhunting and although very comfortable, my feet sweat in them. I always thought they leaked, but even when it is dry out, I have damp socks, because my feet sweat in them and then I get cold feet.

Anyone else have problems with sweaty feet [:'(]? What do you do to help it? Ireally dont want to have to wear a wicking linerEVERYTIME I wear them. Is it because they are almost all leather? Should I try all cordura boot?Others must have this problem??
Old 03-15-2006, 05:06 PM

Default RE: Who's got sweaty feet?

yea i have the same situation duringearly september with my 18" rubbers. i wearthin wool socks to absorb the moisture then change them as often as i need to during a days hunt.
once it cools down below 50 to 55, i don`t seem to have the problem as much.

Old 03-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

get the special hs sents under arm deoderant and use it on your feet, hels stop swetting
Old 03-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i get sweaty hands......
Old 03-15-2006, 05:51 PM

Nice tip sniper65!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:25 PM
usa
Fork Horn

everybody has sweaty feet, some more that other's, peoples feetnormally sweat up to 1/3 pint a day. the anti-persperant idea work's but it can also give you blister's, I solved a lot of my sweaty feet problem's by only wearing acrilan sock's, cotton is the absolute worst, I try not to wear cotton anywhere near the skin surface. I had the same problem with my Rocy gore-tex boot's I also thought they were leaking until I stopped wearing cotton sock's and most of the problem dissapeared.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

Didnt want to hijack the other leather boot post so...

I wear a pair of Danner Pronghorns right now for bowhunting and although very comfortable, my feet sweat in them. I always thought they leaked, but even when it is dry out, I have damp socks, because my feet sweat in them and then I get cold feet.

Anyone else have problems with sweaty feet [:'(]? What do you do to help it? Ireally dont want to have to wear a wicking linerEVERYTIME I wear them. Is it because they are almost all leather? Should I try all cordura boot?Others must have this problem??
Most will do that even the army Mattahorns! Best to take extra socks and change them like after walkiing or every so many hours. Another thing I do and sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dont tell anyone, I wear knee highs which pull the sweat away and into the socks and keeps it away from my feet..... then again, I designed and made myself a special pair of socks that keeps em warm sitting or walking! [8D]
Old 03-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wear sneakers ,no problem.And if you get the ones that the heal lights up it is safer to walk in to the woods filled with other hunters.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now Cardeer that is a good idea! [8D]
Old 03-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

It doesnt matter how cold it gets my feet turn into a sprinkler! I was wondering why the inside of my boots felt wet and then i was like my feet keep peeing in my boots! I havent founda cure yet but I would like to know what I can do!

Quick Reply: Who's got sweaty feet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.