HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who's got sweaty feet? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/136570-whos-got-sweaty-feet.html)

MNpurple 03-15-2006 04:56 PM

Who's got sweaty feet?

Didnt want to hijack the other leather boot post so...

I wear a pair of Danner Pronghorns right now for bowhunting and although very comfortable, my feet sweat in them. I always thought they leaked, but even when it is dry out, I have damp socks, because my feet sweat in them and then I get cold feet.

Anyone else have problems with sweaty feet [:'(]? What do you do to help it? Ireally dont want to have to wear a wicking linerEVERYTIME I wear them. Is it because they are almost all leather? Should I try all cordura boot?Others must have this problem??

pass_threw 03-15-2006 05:06 PM

RE: Who's got sweaty feet?

yea i have the same situation duringearly september with my 18" rubbers. i wearthin wool socks to absorb the moisture then change them as often as i need to during a days hunt.
once it cools down below 50 to 55, i don`t seem to have the problem as much.

sniper65 03-15-2006 05:14 PM

get the special hs sents under arm deoderant and use it on your feet, hels stop swetting

Shootstuff4570 03-15-2006 05:19 PM

i get sweaty hands......

mexhuntr 03-15-2006 05:51 PM

Nice tip sniper65!:)

usa 03-15-2006 06:25 PM

everybody has sweaty feet, some more that other's, peoples feetnormally sweat up to 1/3 pint a day. the anti-persperant idea work's but it can also give you blister's, I solved a lot of my sweaty feet problem's by only wearing acrilan sock's, cotton is the absolute worst, I try not to wear cotton anywhere near the skin surface. I had the same problem with my Rocy gore-tex boot's I also thought they were leaking until I stopped wearing cotton sock's and most of the problem dissapeared.

JLmoore1956 03-15-2006 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

Didnt want to hijack the other leather boot post so...

I wear a pair of Danner Pronghorns right now for bowhunting and although very comfortable, my feet sweat in them. I always thought they leaked, but even when it is dry out, I have damp socks, because my feet sweat in them and then I get cold feet.

Anyone else have problems with sweaty feet [:'(]? What do you do to help it? Ireally dont want to have to wear a wicking linerEVERYTIME I wear them. Is it because they are almost all leather? Should I try all cordura boot?Others must have this problem??
Most will do that even the army Mattahorns! Best to take extra socks and change them like after walkiing or every so many hours. Another thing I do and sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dont tell anyone, I wear knee highs which pull the sweat away and into the socks and keeps it away from my feet..... then again, I designed and made myself a special pair of socks that keeps em warm sitting or walking! [8D]

cardeer 03-16-2006 02:30 AM

I wear sneakers ,no problem.And if you get the ones that the heal lights up it is safer to walk in to the woods filled with other hunters.

JLmoore1956 03-16-2006 02:34 AM

Now Cardeer that is a good idea! :D[8D]

mahoningbuck 03-16-2006 05:21 AM

It doesnt matter how cold it gets my feet turn into a sprinkler! I was wondering why the inside of my boots felt wet and then i was like my feet keep peeing in my boots! I havent founda cure yet but I would like to know what I can do!