Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stinger broadheads >

Stinger broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stinger broadheads

Old 03-15-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Stinger broadheads

Well i know there are a few people on here who swear by these heads and i think they look like a good head. I have a few questions on them before i decide to buy a couple pack though. Have you guys ever hit solid bone with them...like the shoulder blade or spine? Im always afraid that this style head will just curl when it contacts heavy bone... What kind of blood trails are you getting out of the 4 blade models? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:23 AM

Default RE: Stinger broadheads

I can't recall who it was, but someone on here had a photo of a shoulder blade off of the hog he shot with a Stinger. Punched right through it. Didn't pass through the other side, but penetrated the shoulder and killed the hog.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yup... I remember seeing that photo. Awesome shot! [8D]

Stingers are an evil broadhead.... wickedly sharp and fly like darts. They are my #1 broadhead to use.

One trick that I do with mine is use those rubber washer things from Thunderheads. Then I can just snug the Stinger tight which also allows them to getaligned vertical with the bow string.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the Stingers a lot. I used a 150 grain last year with my Longbow and took a very nice buck. You can resharpen the heads easily with the right tools. The blood trail was exceptional. I will either use these heads this year of the new Muzzy 200 grain Phantoms.

On a side note, there used to be a picture on the Magnus sight (may still be there) of a shot that penetrated a moose shoulder blade. That was with a regular carbon steel magnus but it was still a cut on contact.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brother in law and I used the Stinger 4-blade 85 gr. last year for elk,I didn't get one but he did.He shot his bull at 20 yds,through a rib and out the other side and landed 10 yds in the dirt.You could have picked it up and used it again.

My big kill of the year was a grouse at 30 yards,complete pass through and in to the dirt and rocks up to the nock,now this took and roughed up the right side of the head pretty good,but it didn't bend or break,the bleeders were still intacked and sharp.After that I figured using BH on grouse was not a good Idea and put a blunt on.
I will use these heads again,they fly well and are super tough.
BBJ
Old 03-15-2006, 10:45 AM

I think i have yet to really hear a bad thing about them when i search. Thanks for you help so far! Anyone else?
Old 03-15-2006, 03:50 PM

I wasn't the one who posted that pic they are talking about, but I did pull that exact same shot on a hog 5 days ago. Through the front shoulder (no bone), heart, and the blade of the off-side shoulder, left the fletchings inside the hog. Hog ran less than 20 yards before it depressurized and went into shock. Broke my arrow on the run but left a wicked blood trail. If I think about it I may get that shoulder blade for a pic. You can check this out though.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

check my link out, scroll down about middle way.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
Old 03-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the finest blades made , killed my buck with a 100 grain 4 blade last year , thick , short ,blood trail , they fly great allso
Old 03-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

I shot two doe's last year with the Stingers w/bleeder blades. The first was a passthrough sticking in the dirt with a good blood trail. The second one I hit good and shattered the far shoulder but the broadhead was destroyed, it basically broke in half. But the deer only ran about 70 yards. Remember though, if you hurt a Magnus broadhead you can send it back and it will be replaced. I'm using them again this year.

Zach