Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t >

GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Old 03-15-2006, 01:32 PM

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer

I've hunted on MANY high fenced ranches in South Texas, yet I've never hunted in a "pen"
TXhighrack,

Are you sure you want to do this? Ok, here it goes...

What exactly do you call a fenced in enclosure, other than a "pen"? Your pride in shooting penned animals is obvious from the passion in your tone. Does it matter the size of the pen? Do you only shoot animals in 5000 acre pens, what about 1000 acre pens, or 100 acre pens? As I said in my previous posts, I have no issue with your right to pay a farmer/rancher to shoot his farmed livestock. You do realize that in Texas animals such as Red Stag and Goats, which were the critters in the pics at the start of this thread, are considered "domesticated farm anaimals" right? Texas Parks and Wildlife does not have seasons on these animals and does not sell "hunting licenses" for them. So... if you pay a farmer or rancher to be allowed behind those high fences and shoot his penned in animals, that are not recognized game animals by Texas, do not require hunting licenses and are not WILD ANIMALS, how the hell can you call it HUNTING?

I am not saying you can't or shouldn't do it. Nope. Just asking you to please respect the whole concept of "HUNTING", alsoknown by some as the legalpursuit of wild and free ranging game.

As far as my personal hunting experiences, they have been documented over the years on this board and others. The "little" tract of land I hunt behind my house for thoseyoung deer is 7 miles by 3 miles of roadless woods. The elk I will chase across Colorado this fall, will probably be on a little patch of 20,000 acres or so. These areas do not sound like the kinds of places you would be interested in hunting though, as you can't push the critters up against a fence to be harvested. You would also have to buy an actual hunting license, and probably take a hunter safety course. Trust me here, your way of floating some cash to some farmer to killany day of any season any of the dozens of critters they have raised (exactly like cattle) is so much easier than the way us "HUNTERS" do it, as to be considered silly. Last time I checked, there weren't any heated tower stands with full beer coolers on the public or private land I or my family hunt.

You are to foolish to realize just how much damage you do to all of us hunters by trying to call shooting farmed and penned animals hunting. Do it all you want, but never think you are the equal of a person who harvests a legal free ranging deer, with a valid license during an actual hunting season.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Easy fellas...
Old 03-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Site Buck Guru

I have never hunted in an enclosure of any kind. However, a 1000 acre or more enclosure, doesn't seem to me to be a "Pen". I would like to see MA Jay, just try to push a whitetail up against a fence in a 100 acre enclosure much less a 1000 or more acre enclosure. I don't think that it can be done. His total exageration of large enclosure hunts ( yes hunts ) is laughable. The animals on these enclosures are not domesticated. There is no such thing as a domesticated whitetailed deer. They may be pen raised, but they are not domesticated. Also these animals are not raised like cattle. !000 or more acres is more than enough to sustain a herd of animals without the aid of human feeding. I personally do see a difference between a large enclosure hunt and a canned shooting event called a hunt. I don't understand some peoples need to chastise or belittle someone else because of the wat they hunt! If this was a canned event where you picked your animal out of a book or a pen to shoot it would be different. But to me hunting on such large enclosures does not seem to be a walk in the park that some of these people make it out to be. It sounds like they have no experience what so ever to back up these ridiculous statements. As far as hunting trophy animals goes, I would think that most people would know that P & Y and B& C doesn't recognize animals taken in enclosures before they went in and hunted. To some, listing an animal in the record books is not a concern. A quality hunt may take precedance. I feel that as long as someone is doing something that is legal, while hunting, and not against my beliefs, I'll congradulate them. If they are doing something legal. but against my beliefs, I'll say nothing at all. I will not chastise or belittle anyone for doing something that is legal.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:36 PM

MA JAY, and moderators dont lock this thread because I want to get the facts straight.............

First off, you need to get your facts straight or learn to keep your finger away from the keyboard. This is one thing that I HATE about hunting forums. Any dufus can come on and post anything that they want to make their opinion look better, then run off never to be heard from again.

You do realize that in Texas animals such as Red Stag and Goats, which were the critters in the pics at the start of this thread, are considered "domesticated farm anaimals" right?
FACT 1: Animals such as Red Stag, Corsican Rams, and Elk are not considered "domesticated farm animals" by the Texas P&WD. They are considered Exotic animals and have most of the same regulations that Native animals have.

Texas Parks and Wildlife does not have seasons on these animals
FACT 2: Texas is a damn fine state, we do not have to apply for or draw any tags. We do not have to wait around for years just to get a chance to go hunting like you have to do is many other states. There are ALOT of animals in Texas that are native and non-native which do not have a hunting season. Exotic animals can be hunted year around. Javelina (as native as they come), Mountain Lion (also very native) and the popular wild boar can ALL be hunted year around. In fact not only can mountain lion and hogs be hunted year around, but THERE is no bag limit on either species. And by law a hunter can only take 2 javelina a year, although we have no tags to use or anyway of documentiong the number that each hunter kills. So the fact that an animal does not have a season, has absoluty no bearing on weather the animal is a challenge to hunt.

do not require hunting licenses
FACT 3: You dont get out much do you?? You said over 4 times in your above post that Texas does not have a lic. that hunters must buy inorder to hunt exotics. That is, of course FALSE. All residents of Texas must buy and posses a valid hunting lic. to hunt ANY animal in the state of Texas. NonResidents MUST buy an EXOTIC HUNTING LIC. from the state of Texas. If they are only hunting 5 or less days, then they can buy a level A lic. If they are hunting more then 5 days in one calendar year then they must buy the standard nonresident lic. which goes for $350.

What exactly do you call a fenced in enclosure, other than a "pen"? Your pride in shooting penned animals is obvious from the passion in your tone. Does it matter the size of the pen? Do you only shoot animals in 5000 acre pens, what about 1000 acre pens, or 100 acre pens?
I hunt in an area of the country in which the vast majority of landholdings are BIG. I personally have never hunted on a private piece of land that was less then 2,000 acres in size. The largest high fenced ranch that I've ever hunted was 47,000 acres in size. The ranch next door to that one, also completley high fenced, covers over 125,000 acres. I do not hunt on small tracts of land, nor do any of the people I hunt with, because in this area that is simply not the norm....

Just asking you to please respect the whole concept of "HUNTING", alsoknown by some as the legalpursuit of wild and free ranging game
See your "concept of hunting" doesnt really mean squat to me. I personally will NEVER hunt on public lands, with the exception of some extremely remote area out west for elk or muledeer, but never for whitetail. I see all times of methods and tactics that people use to hunt whitetails, and I read stories about people hunting whitetails and game out west on public land. I personally have no desire to be associated with some of these people. So I guess I will send a PM to all of them and ask them to "please respect the whole concept of hunting" and not use that holly word of "hunting" anymore....

I'm not done yet, theres more on the next post........ read up...

Old 03-15-2006, 02:38 PM

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Nice pics. You must have had some fun.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 PM

MA JAY:

The "little" tract of land I hunt behind my house for thoseyoung deer is 7 miles by 3 miles of roadless woods
IN this part of the country, an area like that is just another standard size ranch. I'd say that alot of the guys who hunt around here hunt on private pieces of land that big or bigger each and every year.

The elk I will chase across Colorado this fall, will probably be on a little patch of 20,000 acres or so.
I personally own alittle more then half that many acres. 20,000 acres is a nice place, but considering your hunting an OTC unit in Colorado for elk, your sharing that land with hundreds of other people. Not my idea of fun, and something I would never do....

These areas do not sound like the kinds of places you would be interested in hunting though, as you can't push the critters up against a fence to be harvested.
You are right, I have no desire to hunt either of those places, because I refuse to hunt in Sub-par habitat for sub-par animals. And I'll be damned if I will sit on a bluff and see more hunters then actual animals...Sorry but that just aint for me

You are to foolish to realize just how much damage you do to all of us hunters by trying to call shooting farmed and penned animals hunting. Do it all you want, but never think you are the equal of a person who harvests a legal free ranging deer, with a valid license during an actual hunting season
That could perhaps me the most idiotic statement I've ever read on this site. And you are right, I'm not an "equal person to you" because of the places thatI hunt. Guys like yourself have to settle for OTC units in Colorado, while guys like me can hunt that 50,000 acre private land in New Mexico or buy an auction tag at a SFW banquet in Utah. So I guess where not on the same level. I guess that is why you have such an idiotic and biased view towards everything that happens off of public lands.....
Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 PM

[&o]Sorry your thread tuned into everyone else's argument over what they think is right or wrong about hunting. Congratulations on a fine time and some fine TROPHYS
Old 03-15-2006, 03:15 PM

damn, another pissing match.

i am very new to huntingnet.com and while i have read some valuable info on here, butwhy does everything have to turn to who hunts the most land, is fenced, is it not, are you hunter, are you a harvestor. WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only speak for myself, but this whole conversation that has taken place has been a turn off.

do you both wake up early, see the sun rise from a stand ( or on the ground, wouldnt want to start that fight). spend countless hours after any elusive animal. offseason dream of that big kill. take pride in what you do.
YOU ARE BOTH HUNTERS, everyone hunts wants what they can. some get better land than others. thats just life on lifes terms. i dont have the opportunity to hunt land everyday that produces 170in deer year after year. does that make me a bad hunter? i would hope people would not think that.hell give me either of the properties you guys hunt, fence it in dont fence it in i could care less. id be tickled pink to hunt it either way. anyways i would just like to say thanks for making me realize why i havent been a part of hunting forums in the past.
Good luck to all with your hunts and arguements.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:44 PM

Thanks TXhighrack, think that will open MA JAY'S eyes(town guy).

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

MA JAY:

The "little" tract of land I hunt behind my house for thoseyoung deer is 7 miles by 3 miles of roadless woods
IN this part of the country, an area like that is just another standard size ranch. I'd say that alot of the guys who hunt around here hunt on private pieces of land that big or bigger each and every year.

The elk I will chase across Colorado this fall, will probably be on a little patch of 20,000 acres or so.
I personally own alittle more then half that many acres. 20,000 acres is a nice place, but considering your hunting an OTC unit in Colorado for elk, your sharing that land with hundreds of other people. Not my idea of fun, and something I would never do....

These areas do not sound like the kinds of places you would be interested in hunting though, as you can't push the critters up against a fence to be harvested.
You are right, I have no desire to hunt either of those places, because I refuse to hunt in Sub-par habitat for sub-par animals. And I'll be damned if I will sit on a bluff and see more hunters then actual animals...Sorry but that just aint for me

You are to foolish to realize just how much damage you do to all of us hunters by trying to call shooting farmed and penned animals hunting. Do it all you want, but never think you are the equal of a person who harvests a legal free ranging deer, with a valid license during an actual hunting season
That could perhaps me the most idiotic statement I've ever read on this site. And you are right, I'm not an "equal person to you" because of the places thatI hunt. Guys like yourself have to settle for OTC units in Colorado, while guys like me can hunt that 50,000 acre private land in New Mexico or buy an auction tag at a SFW banquet in Utah. So I guess where not on the same level. I guess that is why you have such an idiotic and biased view towards everything that happens off of public lands.....
Old 03-15-2006, 05:16 PM

EXOTIC HUNTING LIC. from the state of Texas. If they are only hunting 5 or less days.

Quick Reply: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.