Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t >

GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Old 03-15-2006, 05:34 PM

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer

Mexhunter, good idea posting the actual Lic. I noticed that MA Jay was looking at this page earlier, but didnt post any more nonsense. I guess its kinda hard to dispute the facts....
Old 03-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Sure it is!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:05 PM

TXhighrack,

I stand corrected, Exotics is what Texas calls them.
"Exotic animal refers to grass-eating or plant-eating, single-hoofed or cloven-hoofed mammals that are not indigenous or native to Texas and are known as ungulates, including animals from the deer and antelope families that landowners have introduced into this state."
There are no state bag or possession limits or closed seasons, and you are not allowed to harvest one without the landowners permission. Verbatim from Parks and Wildlife.

Do you know what the rest of the world calls animals that have been purchased and bred and then released into enclosures where they are raised and then sold off? Farm animals... like cows,pig andsheep and in your case here, goats and red stag.

See, I never once knocked the right to buy a large piece of land, throw up a high fence and buy some animals to release inside the pen you made. One of the great things about America is you can do that here. But, when you turn your yard into a farm for game animals so you and your friends or paying customers can shoot them, it's no longer called hunting. I call an enclosure that has captive exotic animals a zoo.

When you say
I refuse to hunt in Sub-par habitat for sub-par animals.
You make it clear that if God didn't give Texas large herds of antelope or stags, you can buy some from a farmer andlet them lose in a pen, albeit a large one, feed them from troughs and feeders as we do other domesticated animals, then shoot them whenever you either see fit, or have a few bucks burning a hole in your pocket. If you honestly think that is hunting, then man are we from 2 different planets.

We both seem to have the money to pursue animals however we wish. I am sorry that you can't see how buying from a place like this http://www.wilsonwhitetails.com/exotics.htmlwhere they have had a 97.5% success rate on whitetail deer since 2000 and they state for Exotics -
Market availability and prices of exotics varies from time and time and exceptional animals command a higher price. Please check with us for current prices.
Come on TXighrack.... I read the same exact thing at the butcher or fish monger. Hell, it's the same thing my favorite restaurant puts up for items like lobster or kobe beef. It's not "hunting" when you can buy it, it's a sure thing. It's guranteed! What kind of true hunting is guranteed? Where is the sport in that? If you want to buy a "trophy rack" off e-Bay, at least there is the challenge of an auction.
Hey, I am not saying that hunting your buddies 45,000 acrea ranch isn't a challenge. That's not my point here at all. My ONLY point here is that when you go down a price list and see - Corsican Ram = $450, and you can say "I want 1 of them" and you jump into golf cart and get put up in the comfy shooting house over the feeder programmed to go off at exactly 4:32, and out pops 6 Corsican Rams as they have every night for a week, that is NOT hunting!!!! The reason I even posted on this thread is because that is what he did.
For this bright guy who wrote this-
There is no such thing as a domesticated whitetailed deer.
What "Livestock" do you thinkall of these farmers raise? To give you an idea, there are 600 "Deer Farms" inOhio alone. You do make a point, some guys can't differentiate between shooting domesticated farm animals and wild animals, which is the only reason I am bothering with typing all of this out.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:15 PM

Yeah right! Ok different points of view, But we are hunters anyway, maybe not on your planet call it how you want!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:39 PM

I don't know how you make your hunting , but even if I'm on an open area, fenced or not I do my hunt the same way and I have to tell you something, those animals that you said "farm animals " are now feed like cattle they left on the brush, and are as wild as they are in any kind of wilderness, they won't come to you to get food or anything if they get to see you walking on the brush maybe they'll run or even attack you cause they're still wild.

Maybe this is how you figure the fenced hunting:
Like in the cattle bussines choose the one you like, behind the corral bars and let it walk thru a rail and just shoot.
Come On!

Is not like on Jmmy Houston's show!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you hunt on land that has "whatever" type of animal living on it, and that animal is not some kind of domesticated, trained circus animal, I dare you try and slip up on it. Man it just don't happen. I agree, I don't believe in hunting over timed feeders, just not right "to me". But if an animal has 6000 acres of land to roam around on, that is not a tame or trained animal. I have owned two deer in my life. Both yearling bucks. They were wild when we caught them as fawns and they were wild when we set them free. I'm not saying you can't tame a deer, but if they are not tame or trained,"to visit feeders", they will have to be hunted to be "harvested". I have to hunt 40 acres of my land that is surrounded by hunting clubs every season. The pressure from these clubs force deer into my area. Is that "penned" hunting? No, that is manmade circumstances that forces an animal to be in a certain area. (much like a rancher in Texas might fence in 100, 200, 500, 1000 acres of land and let deer live their and feed there.) Man made circumstances put alotof our deer within reach of us as hunters. I mean, if a guy hunts a 5 acre lot in the suburbs surrounded by houses, stores, etc., does that make those deer penned? No it does not and I guarantee you you will have to "hunt" those deer on that five acres. And if you aren't lucky or just plain good, you may not kill one all season. Well I guess that's just my 2 cents, but I can't stand for people to argue over such fruitless things as "OPINIONS". Just like ###holes everybody has one and it usually stinks, unless of course you are wearing scent lok.

LT
Old 03-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

By the way Mex, dangit I got caught up in the BS and forgot to congratulate you on your hunt. Fine animals, Love that drop tine.

LT
Old 03-15-2006, 07:46 PM

Thats a different point of view and I agree with you!

The only thing I don't agree with is that I must not called hunting cause someone elses opinion!

I'm not saying this to you Louisiana Tomcat, double thanks.

By the way Mex, dangit I got caught up in the BS and forgot to congratulate you on your hunt. Fine animals, Love that drop tine

Old 03-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Aww...so nice. This wouldn't be hunting.net if the "high and mightys" didn't step on someone's thread by posting their jibberish. LOL!! Well done for the few that have.

Hey..I have an idea. Leave Mex's thread alone and start your own..."I hate canned hunting thread" and have your fun. He was gracious enough to show us some pics on the great hunt he had and the few who felt like they need to spew their views had to wreck it. Proud...aren't ya?
Old 03-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Not taking sides here or trying to slam anyone. Congrats on the animals, mexhuntr. Generally speaking, there are some differences hunting high fenced land as opposed to free range (free range meaning it could be fenced but not high fenced). I don't know the size acreage where it would not make a difference, but 1500 acres of high fenced land will not sustain a healthy deer population. Inbreeding, for starters, will eventually take its toll. I'm guessing this would hold true for fairly larger tracts. This is why a lot, if not the majority, of high fenced operations import deer for new bloodlines. Many even have biologists on site. I don't know about other states but this is big business here in Texas. A lot of these operations make the majority of their money breeding and selling. Do the deer behave differently than free range? From what I've gathered they do. I, personally, have never hunted high fenced land but have several friends who have. They all have had the same experiences. Guide takes them to stand, tells them when the deer will be there, and which one they can take or how much another will cost them. If they decide they want to take a more expensive animal, they call in their credit card for approval before the animal can be taken. Now this may or may not be that far off from what alot of us do on free range. We put up feeders and typically will see a lot of the same animals frequenting the feeders and sometimes at the same time of day. Same goes for feed. High fenced usually have superior stock animals they have bought and then protien feed them. Free range animals genes are by mother nature as well as the food they eat and its abundance, other than the corn most will stock in their feeders. Some people I know do supplement protien but not consistantly. This obviously is a touchy subject with alot of people. I don't personally like it because it is creating a tough environment for people who don't have the funds. $1500 for a weekend to take a cull 8 pointer isn't affordable to alot of people. Or $5000 or $10,000 for a trophy? How are we going to teach our children to hunt if we can only afford to hunt one weekend a year? Another thing that bothers me is the deer in Texas, and I assume other states, is the property ( a natural resource) of the people of Texas. They are no different than a river. I've never understood how someone can fence in a natural resource and then profit by selling it back to the people. I'm pretty sure if someone dammed up a river and then sold the water back to the people there would be some trouble. Not to mention that they have taken bloodlines out of the natural order. I'm a firm believer that a land owner can do whatever they wish with their land and have every right to high fence it and operate the land to maximize their revenue. However, I think if they want to breed and sell deer and hunts, they should be made to clear their land of any native species and have it certified as cleared prior to finalizing the high fence, then they may buy animals to stock. I'm sure there are some flaws to this thinking but its all I have right now. One other thing I wonder. There seems to be quite a few high fenced tracts going up every day. If that is the direction of hunting, there will be a whole lot of people who will be forced to give up hunting. A lot less to fight PETA. A lot less buying permits that support an already small-budgeted wildlife department. A lot less buying guns, bows, and hunting stuff. Just imagining what could be, I don't see how it can be good. Now, if anyone hunts high fence, good for you. I am NOT slamming you. Its perfectly legal and its just another way to hunt. These are just some of my observations and opinions.

mexhuntr, once again, congrats on the animals and thanks for sharing. I apologize if this jacked your thread. Xtec Shooter is right. Some of these posts should have been done on a separate thread. Keep on having fun and don't let any of this get to you.

Quick Reply: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.