Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t >

GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Old 03-14-2006, 12:09 AM

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer

Mex, if you read the post carefully,you will realize that I was sticking up for you, in reply to some one saying negative things about your trophies!!!! Sorry if I confused you, and I hope this thread doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth about message boards. That buck is impressive, hope you aren't PO'd(P@#$ED off) Read the post again, you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:00 AM

I gotta chime in one more time

I HATE canned hunting. Anyone who knows me knows that. Was this a "canned" hunt ? From what we've been given it was NOT a canned hunt.

Sure, it wasn't the same as a totally wild animal public land hunt in WV and with exotics and all .......... but canned ? No,I don't think it was.

If you want to bitch and complain, check the sponsors out on this hunting.net and send PM
to the Mod's about it. Theres your canned hunting, not a large texas high fenced ranch with 6,000-8,000 acres
Old 03-14-2006, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

You guys need to step back and take a breath..Mex you don't have to get approval from anyone on this board on your kills, if you're happy with it you shouldn't defend it on here. By the way nice animals. Now let's play nice.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:35 AM

and 2 the doble droped t whitetail was hunted on the oppened areea(8000 acres )of the place I hunt, the others ofcourse where on a reserve or I don't know how to call it but is an extention of 6500 acres if that is called "canned or fenced " I don't know if you want to call it hunting or not
Mexhuntr, it was not my intention to bash you for your choice of shooting fenced animals. As I have said many times on many forums, I believe you have the right to pay a farm/ranch/canned/fenced operation for the right to kill one of their pen raised animals. My only point, and it has been backed by you and several others, by using phrases like these-
[ul][*]I don't know if you want to call it hunting or not - Mexhuntr[*]Would I call that real hunting? Probably not - Berwindale[/ul]
Again, my point is to seperate "hunting" from shooting pen raised animals. Listen, you harvested that beautiful buck on open land, that deer was not raised or farmed for the sole purpose of someone to pay a fee to kill it. If it had travelled 1 or 2 miles west or south it could have found sanctuary. Since RedStags are not native in Texas, and as you stated, you shot it in a fenced pen where it was raised for slaughter just like a cow or pig. Little bigger pen, but it was still raised and fenced for harvest as soon as someone was willing to pay for it. Like you even admit, you don't know if we can call that hunting or not, but we both agree you have the right to do it. I ask, with no malice or bashing, to please not call it hunting. Call it harvesting, call it fun, call it an awesome time.... but when you call it hunting, the sport I have so much passion for has to then be aligned with Pen or Fenced operations, and while the one you were on may have been large, most aren't.

Guys, this isn't being negative or mean. Mexhuntr, I'd stand up and fight for your right to pay for the right to butcher your own animals, but if we can't differentiate hunting from shooting farmed animals then our "sport" doesn't have much hope.

I am off my soap box.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:36 AM

Well, everyone have different ways to make or call it hunt lets just leave it like that dif points of view!
thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like you had a great time

Old 03-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I will not reply...... I will not reply.... I will not reply.... I will not reply..... I will not reply.... I will not reply...
I will not reply...... I will not reply.... I will not reply.... I will not reply..... I will not reply.... I will not reply...
Old 03-14-2006, 12:44 PM

Ok calm down don't reply!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:38 PM

MA Jay:

Shut up and get off of your high horse, before that famous scene in Blazing Saddles happens to you....

I've hunted on MANY high fenced ranches in South Texas, yet I've never hunted in a "pen" or "slaughterd anybodies cow". I'm proud to say that I've hunted on all of those ranches, because not just anybody is allowed behind the gates weather you have the money or not. I couldnt care less if they are high fenced or not. I dont know what state your from but I'm going to assume Maryland. Now tell me, how many 5,000+ acre private tracts of land are in that area of the country? What bussiness do you have to pipe in on something that you know nothing about? What does a guy from Maryland know about 10,000 acre high fenced ranch in Texas?

If I want to know how to hunt public land in some eastern state, and how to bag that "elusive" 1 1/2 year old 4 pointer then I might ask for your opinion, until then keep it to yourself.

One more thing I personally dont want to be associtated with any elmer fudd looking bubba that is out on over crowded public land in an Eastern state, who spends all season seeing 3 deer and finally killing the biggest buck he as seen all year which is a 1 1/2 year old 6 pointer. I think this is nothing more then an embarrisment and from here on out EVERYBODY who hunts this a way needs to refer to it as "harvesting" "fun" or "just hanging out with buddies". So since I dont approve of it, nobody can refer to it as hunting. Now if you need me I'll be back in my castle thinking of other things that I dont like....................
Old 03-14-2006, 05:10 PM

GREAT TXhighrack very well said, and this goes to everyone that supported that point of view or way of thinking!

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

MA Jay:

Shut up and get off of your high horse, before that famous scene in Blazing Saddles happens to you....

I've hunted on MANY high fenced ranches in South Texas, yet I've never hunted in a "pen" or "slaughterd anybodies cow". I'm proud to say that I've hunted on all of those ranches, because not just anybody is allowed behind the gates weather you have the money or not. I couldnt care less if they are high fenced or not. I dont know what state your from but I'm going to assume Maryland. Now tell me, how many 5,000+ acre private tracts of land are in that area of the country? What bussiness do you have to pipe in on something that you know nothing about? What does a guy from Maryland know about 10,000 acre high fenced ranch in Texas?

If I want to know how to hunt public land in some eastern state, and how to bag that "elusive" 1 1/2 year old 4 pointer then I might ask for your opinion, until then keep it to yourself.

One more thing I personally dont want to be associtated with any elmer fudd looking bubba that is out on over crowded public land in an Eastern state, who spends all season seeing 3 deer and finally killing the biggest buck he as seen all year which is a 1 1/2 year old 6 pointer. I think this is nothing more then an embarrisment and from here on out EVERYBODY who hunts this a way needs to refer to it as "harvesting" "fun" or "just hanging out with buddies". So since I dont approve of it, nobody can refer to it as hunting. Now if you need me I'll be back in my castle thinking of other things that I dont like....................

Quick Reply: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.