HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lone wolf sticks and hang on? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/135807-lone-wolf-sticks-hang.html)

buckhunter12 03-09-2006 06:19 AM

Lone wolf sticks and hang on?

Im really considering getting rid of my summit climber and purchasing the Lone Wolf stand and climbing sticks. Im sick of getting to the spot and not being able to climb the tree thats in the right spot. My question to you guys is..... Is this combination as easy to set up as they make it sound on the website? Can i put this combo up without making a whole lot of noise? I would like to leave my stand in the woods, but at that price i just dont think i could do it. Its sad how you have to worry about that, but what can you do. Oh and one more question, how do the stand and sticks carry when on your back? Do they lock in nice and tight and not rattle? I guess i came up with more questions than i thought i had:DThanks for the help

Mazur1 03-09-2006 06:28 AM

RE: Lone wolf sticks and hang on?

In my opinion they are the only way to go! Super fast and quiet! In some of my spots Iremovethe bottom stick (or 2)after each hunt. Keeps peoples mitts off my stands.

Barth 03-09-2006 07:04 AM

i have the lone wolf tree climber and its fantastic its real quiet and easy to use, we also have a couple lock ons with the sticks thats are nice to

Cougar Mag 03-09-2006 07:20 AM

I sold my SitnClimb(great stand!) for two reasons..........to help pay for my new bow and I plan on buying the sticks and a hangon to use this season. I like you am tired of not being able to place my climber in the exact spot I wish to hunt because of the trees.

Lone Wolf quality is unbeatable IMO.

rush creek 03-09-2006 08:35 AM

ok, i have had a lot of stands an none perform like they say on the website except lone wolf. the climbing sticks fit tight to the stand and ride great on your back. if you don't have to do any trimming your can put the sticks and stand up in the dark in about 5 min. then however long it takes ya to get all your crap up in the tree and situated is up to you. for me that take longer than puting the stand up. it is without a dought the best stet-up i have ever used. i hunted in 47 different trees this year.

buckhunter12 03-09-2006 10:40 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I think you almost have me talked into it already. Sounds like Lone Wolf makes a great product.

Madeline 03-09-2006 12:29 PM

i have used lonewolf stands for a least 8 to 10 years and you cant be them. the way i use the hang on is to drill holes up the tree so i can just in sert bolts when i want to go up the tree.then wants im donei just take them out when i leave.make sure you use a heavy grade bolt so they wont bend. that way you mite be able to slow people from stealing your hang on!!!!!! also just buy one set of bolts and use them for as many set ups as you wont!!

BBkiller 03-10-2006 07:05 AM

I bought the L.W. sticks and standbut could not see myselfsetting up the sticks at night. I also had one stick stolen.I also feel the same way you do, I paid too much $$ and the stand is toogood to be left in the woods even locked to the tree. However,Iuse the Skyhooks(dont sell them anymore but there are other brands available),what you do is screw in bolts for like the first 4 or 5 steps from the bottom, so when you get to yourtree all you have to do is put on the steps(very quick and easy). The remainder of the steps I use regular tree steps. L.W. sells extra trees tandstraps which you could leave up in the tree so installing the stand t dark is very easy.

I also buy many "cheaper" stands and leave them in the trees. Nothing like getting to your tree at night and having the stand already installed.
Just make sure you buy a stand where the seat folds totally up. I bought a cheap $30stand from Dicks last year that did do that and it was terrible

Mike Hill 03-10-2006 08:04 AM

I agree with BB I always use climbing sticks and fixed position stands. I used to use API Quick sticks and exspensive stands but I got tierd of paying all that money and haveing them stolen or having to worry about them wasen't worth it. Now I just buy cheap stands from wall-mart for about $50.00 and the climbing sticks from Dicks for about $30.00. This equipment works fine and is comfortable. Carrying it in is a little heavier but if you make back pack straps for the stand and useing the straps from the sticks wrap them tight around the stand its like carring the same. And I got to tell you I'm 52 years old and have no problem carring them and neither does my 70 year old hunting partner. Because you didn't spend an arm and a leg on the stuff you can afford more then just a couple so yo can set up in multipul spots and play the wind. And there's noting more quite then having yur stand all set up when you get there. One other thing if you are in an area where you think there is a thief its easy to lock your stand and take the ladder down. The stand is safe not many people are going to go through the trouble to get somthing to climb up to get a Wal-Mart stand. And setting up the ladder only takes a min. Good Luck which ever way you go Miuke

buckhunter12 03-10-2006 09:01 AM

Thanks for the responses! I do have multiple stands that i leave up on our piece of property that my family owns and i agree that its great to go to your spot and already have a stand up. But i go on a couple hunting trips every year that require you to take your stand out with you every night because other hunters in the area. I hardly ever hunt the same spot two days in a row on these trips anyway. This is why i am trying to get an idea on the easiest and most mobile method while still being silent. Thanks to all again.