Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ugliest Cresting Machine ever! >

Ugliest Cresting Machine ever!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ugliest Cresting Machine ever!

Old 03-09-2006, 05:37 PM

Default RE: Ugliest Cresting Machine ever!

Cool stuff guys. Where can I get info on how to build or make my own?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool stuff guys. Where can I get info on how to build or make my own?
I'm gonna include the link here to my original thread, and I'll also go find it and bump it back up to the top; Seems like we've got a whole new crew around now that never saw it...

Here's the thread: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1399868
Old 03-10-2006, 10:04 AM

i was just curious of what type of paint you are using, if it istestors acrylic or enamal.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:25 PM

I'll try anything once, twice if I like it. Can someone help me out where I could get a motor to make my own machine?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

aspeelma, go to my instructional thread (I copied a link to it a few replies ago up above)... It's also still on the first page. You'll find all the info you need on that thread.

Good luck!
Old 03-10-2006, 01:08 PM

I'm using testors, although I may try finding some lacquer to try. I did spray one of my arrows with a clear lacquer which I really liked the effect of, but Enamel and Lacquer DO NOT mix.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:48 PM

Most sewing machine / vacuum cleaner repair shops should be able to sell you a used one cheap!

I got mine for $10 from a place just down the street from where I work.

Go to www.superpages.com, search for "sewing machine" and you should see a category for sewing machine parts and repair. Then just get on the phone!

I used Greg's suggestion to tell them I'm working on a project and just need a working motor. The guy I called had three for me to choose from.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:28 PM

Gibblet,
I will have to try that, I don't know necessarily if it is the arrows that are making it rolloverbecause I've got them paper tuned to where they have a perfect flight pattern with nearly no tearing before I strip the fletchings off to crest. I just bought another dozen Beman ICS hunters and they rollover just like my older set of Beman's do in the crester. I'llgive it a shot though.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:21 PM

y'alls look great, but i'm telling you - get some colored lacquer and thin it out as much as you can and still get coverage, and it looks waaaaay better. lancaster sells it as does bohning - and the thinner. if you get white to dip you arrow, -the spraypaint lacquer can't stand up to the colors with thinner in them - get a test arrow. when you pull your arrow out of the dip (have a cork stuck in the end so you don't clog up your arrow) - the white lacquer should stream for 10-15 seconds before starting to drip. if it streams off the arrow longer the paint is too thick. if it starts dripping before that the paint is too thin. pearls i tell ya gentlemen, pearls.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Spike

Wow guys you have some good info, im going to try to make my own machine soon, only motor i could get is a 1/3 HP sump pump motor, anyone got any advice on how to mount it and what i should use to stop the wobble?? heres a link to what i liked the look of http://archery.roguehangar.com/index...Assembly02.jpghttp://archery.roguehangar.com/index...wImages-3.html