Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question on bow sights (see a pic of my new bow) >

Question on bow sights (see a pic of my new bow)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on bow sights (see a pic of my new bow)

Old 03-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question on bow sights (see a pic of my new bow)

Ignore B4B...he's been banned....
Old 03-04-2006, 10:16 PM

well try looking at viper i like them i dont hear alot of people on here with them i think there very nice
Old 03-04-2006, 11:10 PM

Butch, I am a tad biased in that I don't like multiple pins. SOOOO....if it were me, I would go with a Cobra Easy Slide, HHA Optimizer 5000 or the TruGlo single pin mover...can't member the name of it.

If you like multiple pins, you would be doing yourself an injustice if you don't take a look at the Cobra Sidewinder. Very bright indeed. And for around $60, a great value.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
Ignore B4B...he's been banned....
THANKS
Nothing wrong with a prong rest , so of the best made , as far as a sight I like toxonics , and montana black gold , but there are many others that are good . I have a new viper sight on order right now , they look real nice .

Old 03-05-2006, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys.... Regarding my pins (being a lefty that I am). They are Yellow, Red, Green. The yellow is now set to 20 yards dead on. I'm not sure of the Red and Green.

My sights were mounted backwards and flipped upside-down when I bought them 4 years ago.

I am looking at pendulum sights and also really cool, bright, single pin sights. I have tons of time to shop and get myself ready for deer season.

Edit: Regarding the photo of my bow equipment.... If you look at the silver colored item stuck in the foam liner, that is two small galvanized nails with clear fishing line wrapped around them. I was a knucklehead back then and measured out 10 yards and used that for a marking device back when I was starting out. It has been in the case all this time...
Old 03-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Ijust bought a foxfire TP from Carolina Archery Products. It is really easy to adjust and requires no allen wrenches. Brand new on ebay for $40.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:28 AM

This site is a very nice TruGlo site. It has 5 feet of fiber optic wrapped around it and is very brite!! About $60.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Reflex03,that is a nice sight from Tru-Glo. It's a bigger better upgraded version of mine.

See the elevation allen screw? I'm afraid to move that one on mine.... it's too corroded and stuck. I was able to move the windage allen screw (had to use force) and heard it go "pop" whenit broke free.

....sigh... I am going to stick with the 20 yard pin and just practice with that, while I shop for new sights.

Speaking of sights, bows, arrow velocity, quantum physics... I am coming up to speed rapidly from 10 years (1996 PSE bow to a 2006 Reflex Highlander). All I can say is HOLY SMOKES, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

See, I am used to flying a 486 grain XX75 (flying tire iron) to where the arrow lobs out there like a football out of a heavy, slow, dual cam bow. Sort of like:
Doink! {you pressed the release}
...watch the arrow as it sails out to max 40 yards
...wait for it
...wait for it
Thwack! {arrow finally hits target}

Now with the new Reflex Highlander (305fps IBO rating):
5 yard, 10 yard, 20 yard are all covered by one pin.
Doink...Twack! {instantaneous sound from release and arrow hitting target}

Here is a bow sight that caught my eye.... Trophy Ridge Mantis pendulum sight from Cabela's. I hunt out of a tree stand and don't take shots over 30-35 yards anyway. This sight would cover everything.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

If you are going to look at a single pin, look at the HHA OL-5000. I have been using this sight for years and love it. It is very bright and easily adjustable.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks.... The other thing to consider is I am one of those "backwards" lefty guys... So my bow sight has to be lefty or be able to convert to lefty.

The old Tru-Glo sight was mounted upside-down and backwards so instead of the normal pins being Green, Red, Yellow, they are Yellow, Red, Green. No biggie... they work...

I have tons of time to shop and look at all sorts of bow sights and other goodies to enhance my new Reflex Highlander. I love the prong rests and the simplicity of them. But then again, I might shoot a bow with a Drop Zone rest on it and discover that that is a better rest. You never know....

I guess it's part of getting a new bow and learning how a new bow handles and all the "toys" you can get to trick it up. I know one thing, I'm having a ball with this new bow!!

Quick Reply: Question on bow sights (see a pic of my new bow)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.