Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climing Stands

Old 03-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Climing Stands

Im just wondering what are some good climbing treestands that would be fairly cheap. i would like to get one for next season, or if not by then i would like to ask for one for xmas. thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Climing Stands

I'm a firm believer in the one piece Loggy. It's both a climber and can be a lock on.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Do you have a price range you'd like to stick with? Might help get you a few more stands to pick from.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

idk about price range really. prolly $300 i guess, i dont know how much a decent stand will cost.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have an Ol'man climber and absolutely love it...I feel is one of the best available...Ol'man sold out to Gorilla...I'm not sure if the stands are the same, they appear to be exact with perhaps some improvements...I do know they kept the webbing for the seat which is very comfortable...

There are many many Summit users here on HNI....and I agree they make a great stand as well...Lone Wolf supporters here love their stands....I've owned the Loggy climber of old and still use it as a lock on because I adore my Ol'man climber....If you get the opportunity to try some, I'd recommend it however you probably won't go wrong with many listed here.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Spike

I'm biased to Summit climbers. They are easy to attach to the tree, even in the dark. Comfort also seems to be no problem on stand. Som people say they are noisy, but if you take your time and get used to your stand that will not be a problem. The only downfall IMO is the bite against the tree. If you climb a smooth bark tree, they might have the tendency to slip. For a decent price you can get a great treestand.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:06 AM

I have used at least 4 different Summit Climbers over the past few years and really like them. Im always tinkering and have been thinking about trying a Lone Wolf climber but they are a bit pricey! You definetly can't go wrong with a Summit though..........
Old 03-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lone Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:17 PM

I gotta agree that the best stand I have ever tried is the Ol' Man which is now Gorilla. Some of the others I have tried are the Lone wolf's, Summit's, North Starr's and none could compete with my Gorilla climber.

Very sturdy and safe, only about $190, super comfortable for those all day sits, folds down nicely, could be a smidgen lighter but I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lone Wolf sit and climb,wouldn't hunt with any other stand. Pricey yes, but you usually get what you pay for. It's light weight, very quiet, very secure andcompact for carrying. Also, a built in bow holder! You gotta luv it.

Quick Reply: Climing Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.