Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Retire the arrow.
45.45%
Its lucky so use it next season.
54.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

lucky arrow

Old 02-27-2006, 09:54 PM

Default lucky arrow

I had a decent bow season this year killing 2 does and one turkey w/ the same arrow. Each kill, I wrote the animal and the date on a fletch. Would you guys retire this arrow to always remember the season or use it next season? I was initially going to retire it until someone said use it til you lose it. What would yall do?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: lucky arrow

I never use a arrow over.Usually cant find them since I hunt on ground and if I do they are damaged from smashing thru bone, or ground and rocks
Old 02-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

The arrow I shot my elk with I wrote him on one fletch....came back to PA and in archery season, I changed blades and took a buck, wrote him down, changed blades and took my doe as wel...the arrow buried in the ground behind her bending the outsert so it was then retired....

that's right outsert, it was '97 and a Beman Trophy Hunter with outserts and 100 grain Muzzy.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:17 AM

I'd say to keep using it until it is damaged. Then I'd retire it to the mantle.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:20 AM

My record is 5 with one arrow. I took 3 one year and 2 the next with the arrow, a miss and a rock on the 6th try put that arrow into permenant retirement. My lucky arrow thisyear has 3 under its belt, we will see what next yearholds for it.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always retire my arrows that I am successful with plus if I shoot an arrow at an animal and miss I get rid of that sucker I never want to see it again. Ususlly after getting an animal with an arrow they get bent anyway ( I still use aluminum) Mike
Old 02-28-2006, 09:34 AM

Reminds me of the "Black Arrow" that Bard used to slay Smaug in "The Hobbit" [&:]

If it ain't broke, shoots true and keeps taking animals, why retire it?

I'm a sentimental shmuck though.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted to reuse it. As long as it's not damaged and shoots straight, see how many you can take with it before it's lost or damaged. Then try to set a new "record" with a new lucky arrow.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:51 AM

id say retire, it might not fly right also what if you lose it and 3rd what if it badly brakes and 4th i would use a new arrow just because it might be damaged in some way and not shoot right when you fire it along with it might be havier from dried on blood and its done the job retire put it on your wall and get a new to retire each year when the seasons done and you get your animals
Old 02-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd retire it once its done the job i don't use it for hunting again and i replace a new broad head on a new arrow

Quick Reply: lucky arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.