Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Razor Cap Broadhead Picts! >

Razor Cap Broadhead Picts!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Razor Cap Broadhead Picts!

Old 02-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Razor Cap Broadhead Picts!

A friend of mine spine shot a 230lb hog recently and I recovered his arrow from the animal. He is shooting 60lbs, I don't know his arrow weight, and around 245 fps. The animal dropped in his tracks. These are great bh's and I thought some of you die hards may enjoy seeing the great penetration you can get with a cut on impact resharpenable head. they fly like my field points. there was no blade damage and only took a few minutes to resharpen it up for another animal. the head is a 100 grain head. I used one of my arrows to pull the blasted thing out of the bone.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Razor Cap Broadhead Picts!

that's impressive.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

been shooting the 100 grain Razor Caps since they came out a few years ago. Alot like the snuffer with out the glue in ferrel so they are so straight without alot of heating and repositioning of the head.
Gene Wensel (Wensel Woodsman) had a big hand in designing it also.

I only shoot G-5 heads and razorcaps.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

thats nice but muzzys are better
Old 02-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Site Buck Guru

By virtue of broadheads being much longer than field points and changing the FOC, normaly dictates that you resight for the broadheads.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:55 PM

It didn't make it through the spine? That's not very impressive.

At least he gets his broadhead back, since it didn't go in very far you didn't even have to shatter the bone or put it in a vice to get it out.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

well ma jay, I guess you thought he was shooting a 7 mag or something [:@]at that 230lb hog. to go thru 8 inches of fat, shield, and muscle and pentrate thru the spine with a 60 lb fairly light setup in most peoples opinion as the arrow wt is around 400 grains and he shoots in the 240 fps range, I thought was great. I did have to crack the spine in order to get it out, to each his own thoughts [:-]
Old 03-01-2006, 06:51 AM

Arkansas, no offense intended. A spine shot does mean that the arrow did not have to penetrate the "shield", and that particular area is not usually covered in 8" of fat. I wouldn't expect the arrow to shatter the spine and embed itself deep into a rock, but I would have expected for what would be considered "good penetration" to see the broadhead at least pass all the way through the spine.

I think your pictures are very educational to see what an average set up can do when a broadhead misses the mark and hits bone. If that had been a shoulder hit that boar would still be running around.

Congrats on a real good hog, and thanks for the pics. There is absolutely no reason to get fired up from my comments.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

no offense. that pig was a toad, I mean he was very fat and looked like he had be using steroids he was so puffy. Very un orthodox for a wild hog I thought. perhaps b/c we had such a surplus of acorns this year.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was looking at these broadheads, pretty impressive for that set up.

Shane

Quick Reply: Razor Cap Broadhead Picts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.