Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP >

GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Old 02-26-2006, 11:02 AM

Default RE: GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

[quote]ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

ORIGINAL: Lx lungbuster

Ok friday night i just had a new string put on my Mathews lx bow and i bring it home. im pulling it back to make some adjustments to my peep sight and when the bow is let back down about a quarter of the way down BANG it fires. My release malfunctioned and the bow is dry fired. i called the proshop and he cant look at till tuesday and anything wrong with it will be replaced by mathews. but what should i look at to see if there is any thing is wrong with it that i might have to take it to a different shop earlier than tuesday. im really down in the dumps i think a dry fire is the worst thing u cand do to a bow. Your suggesstions and anwers will be greatly appreceiated.
I still don't see where he said Mathews was going to pay for it.The way i read this is that they are going to send it back to mathewsto be fixed.I am sure he knows there will be a bill for the repair.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Before drawing it back again , take a close look at your limbs. Then take a cotton ball and rub it over your limbs. If there is a tiny crack you may have missed by just looking at it ,the cotton fibres will catch in the cracks.

Don't listen to the b.s. about the warranty and bow prices. If I had a dollar for every limb that was replaced free of chargeby people dropping their bow from their stand or shooting too light of arrows to get over that oh so precious 300fps barrierI'd be rich.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:16 PM

I thank the guys who are supposed to be fellow archers but have decided to blackball this question and put words in my mouth to make me look like some guy trying to cheat the system. What I meant when I said it would be replaced by mathews was that anything that was wrong with the bow could be replaced in the old camo that my lx was made in seeing that they have switched to realtree hardwoods. Ithought mostof you knew thatI guessI was wrong.I thank the few guys who actually answered my question with helpfull answers andI trully thank you. If any one else is planning on posting a reply about the statement its self and not a answer the question please dont even bother because I dont have know time the read your 2cents.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:29 PM

bow is let back down about a quarter of the way down BANG it fires.

it wasn't a full dry fire, so it might not have hurt anything. it's more than likely OK.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, what kind of release was it that failed, and what failed on it.Any pictures of the release?
Old 02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Unbunch your panties lungbuster. This aint my first time around this block.

I didn't put any words in your mouth nor did I say that you would take up the pro shops offer to let Mathews foot the bill for a dry fire.

You wrote that mathews was going to replace anything that was wrong with it. It's not going to go back to Mathews for repairs like Newman suggested. With about a 95% certainty I know exactly what the pro shop is going to tell Mathews so he can keep you a satisfied customer. He will simply call them up and tell them he as a warranty limb issue, give them your bows serial number, and get new limbs shipped to him. He will replace the limbs and string if needed and call you when it's ready. And when you come to pick it up from the pro shop and he tells you it's been covered under warranty and all you owe is $20 for his labor you won't think twice about it.

I hope that nothing is wrong with your bow in the first place but if there is I also hope that this scenario doesn't happen.

I happen to be in the gun and archery business and have to deal with this stuff all the time as do many others on this forum. We are also the 2nd largest Mathews dealer in the country so I get to piss more than a few careless customers off cause they don't get free limbs or a free cam after they dry fire a bow. Of course they go talk to the owner and he usually caves in and gives them what they want so they don't go whine to their buddies about how badly they were treated for something that was their own fault.

For you OHIOfan, I do pay for my repairs if I break it. I let my string slip from my fingers last year at about half draw and had to purchase a new set of cams and a new string and cables. The thought to ask for free replacement cams or come up with some crap story never crossed my mind. It was a $120 mistake and I paid for it. So yes, I guess I am "holier than thou (you)".

BOWFANATIC, even though it was a shot at me in your post you proved exactly my point. Yep, you'd be rich and if these people actually had to pay for repairs that were their own fault others wouldn't be complaining about the costs of bows as much.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:22 PM

'Bigbulls' is a wise man.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Not if he thinks that the reason bow prices are high is because people make false warranty claims. A bottle of Coca-Cola used to be 25 cents, now its 1.05... let me guess, false warranty claims??? Wake up.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOWFANATIC, even though it was a shot at me in your post you proved exactly my point. Yep, you'd be rich and if these people actually had to pay for repairs that were their own fault others wouldn't be complaining about the costs of bows as much.
bigbulls , if I intended to "take a shot at you" specifically I would have called you out by name and quoted exactly what you wrote that I disagreed with , kind of like now.

I don't know how your shop sells your bows or what kind of warranty they offer but around here one of the biggest pro's of shelling out $750 for a Mathews is the warranty and service offered by the dealers and the manufacturer. His limbs would have been replaced at no charge period! If he damaged his cam(s) , string or cables it would come out of his pocket.

Now , do you really want to get into a discussion about the high prices of bows and what drives the prices? I'm game.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:54 PM

holy cow...

here we go again..........

Quick Reply: GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.