Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Trykon is finally here >

My Trykon is finally here

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Trykon is finally here

Old 02-24-2006, 05:44 AM

Default My Trykon is finally here

Well, after seven weeks of waiting I get the call that my Trykon is here. Of course they called last Thursday right as I'm pulling out fot he driveway on my way to take the kids skiing. I call back Friday and the next chance I have to get the bow is this past Wednesday. You think waiting for the bow to come in is bad, try waiting another week knowing the bow is waiting for you at the shop. Well Wednesday I get the bow and have the shop mount the rest, sight, and peep. Last night I finally got to shoot the bow in the comfort of my basement. Granted it was only five yards but it was awesome.

For anyone still waiting on their Trykon have patience it is well worth the wait. After I've put a few more arrows through it I'll give everyone my thoughts, for what its worth.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My Trykon is finally here

Congratulations, well worth the wait isn't it...I'm waiting on my Allegiance and accessories as well....if you read my post on shooting the big 3 you'll remember I bought the Trykon and then reshot them all and put it back on the shelf for the Allegiance...I'm still second guessing myself...I'm just going to have to own both..once the Allegiance is set up...I'm advertising my Vortec and going back for the Trykon....have a great time with it...you should post pics.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:12 AM

You'll love it! One thing...if you hear a slight string buzz, it's not the bow...it's the Stringshox. I ended up tying whiskers right at the Stringshox (I left the Stringshox on), and I swear I've never heard a bow that was quieter!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:22 AM

Rob,

I still say you're a trader!!! How could you do it man?!!!!!!!!!!! [8D]
Old 02-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

I bought one yesterday. Sorry, but my local shop had my drawlength in stock. No waiting. Sweet bow.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Rob,

I still say you're a trader!!! How could you do it man?!!!!!!!!!!! [8D]
I'm still a Hoyt owner, I'm part Hoytian...
Old 02-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Just curious, what is everyone paying for the new Trykon. I’m just getting started in all this and recently found a pro shop that stocks them. I’m wondering where their prices stack up against others.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's $699 here...that is the minimum Hoyt allows the bow to be sold in dealers shops....
Old 02-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bow. I have been shooting mine for 2 months. It is a dream. I have not had any string buzz.

Green Pea -I paid $699 for mine but I got $50 worth of toys for free. Sure is fun to setup that new bow and play.

Rob - I guess I can forgive you. I shot the bowtec's and the switchback XT but for me I just couldn't make the switch. All are great bows. Sure wish I could afford all 3.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: wideone

I bought one yesterday. Sorry, but my local shop had my drawlength in stock. No waiting. Sweet bow.
Had I been blessed with slightly longer arms I could have walked out of the shop with mine on December 29th. However, I'm not so he ordered mine with a 27" DL and the 28" DL waited for someone else to buy it.

Quick Reply: My Trykon is finally here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.