Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sure wish I'da talked to him sooner >

Sure wish I'da talked to him sooner

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sure wish I'da talked to him sooner

Old 10-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Spike

Default Sure wish I'da talked to him sooner

Got off the phone with a friend a little bit ago. He called me to tell me he stuck a biggun this morning and needed my help. This guy is very new to bowhunting and has never taken a archery deer. As he told me the story I asked him some general questions such as how far was it and stuff like that.Well one thing that puzzled me was that he said he only got 6 inches of penetration.....Well it turns out he's shooting a 54# bow with some kinda 2.5 inch cutting diameter 4 bld. mechanical.....I told him he doesn't have nearly enough KE to push that kinda head thru a deer. He trailed it 150 yds and it sounded like he jumped it twice as he said he found 2 big pools of blood...I told him to wait till 4 when I get off work before trailing anymore and my wife and I will help him. I think he got one lung and hopefully he didn't push to far and it bedded again...sure wish I'da known what broadhead he was using so I coulda recommended something else, also wish he would have backed of from the begining and let it bed down and have some time. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 10-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sure wish I'da talked to him sooner

Good luck in finding his deer, I have a feeling it will turn out well if he quite pushing it.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 10-22-2002, 02:26 PM

Default RE: Sure wish I'da talked to him sooner

Good luck with your buddy.