Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Old School or New School >

Old School or New School

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Old School
32.08%
New School
67.92%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old School or New School

Old 02-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Old School or New School

I am new school. I love lookin at big deer off the trail cam. Big bucks are smart and I'll use any ethical tool there is. Some new school guys do getcarried away with it. I truely admire the old school guys and wish I had their patience.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted new school, but I have to say that I'm really kind of in both areas. I shoot traditional (instinctive) and love my recurve. But at the same time I love the bowtech's and the hard core engineering that's going into the new bows. I love seeing all the new technology, but at the same time I like it simple. So I find myself torn. I guess I do a little of both.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Niether. I'm not too stuck in my ways to try new things while at the same time I prefer to keep things the way I feel they should be for my owndefinition of hunting.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I am kinda both with it come to huntingi sometimes wear the old woOl suits. Im only 15 teen and love the stuff from back in the day. I got the old dirt bikes and carsI love useing old guns and other equipment. hunting has somemany tec things now that its not almost hunting.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:45 PM

I'm mixed as I like compounds,gps and camouflagebut when I enter the woods I travel back deep to eliminate all the road hunters, still hunting all the way.When I see A particularly good trail I'll climb a tree or sit behind a dead fall.I don't care if I get a deer as long as I'm seeing them, I'm there for the total enjoyment of a day in nature and try to blend in as much as possible.I try to zone in on everything ,every noise around me.I don't judge any other hunters methods or hunting styles as long as it's legal. It's a nice break from reality