Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 REALLY short bow >

REALLY short bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

REALLY short bow

Old 02-22-2006, 03:45 AM

Default REALLY short bow

Anyone seen or shot one of these? Check it out.
www.libertyarchery.com/specifications.html
Old 02-22-2006, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: REALLY short bow

What is it?[:'(]
Old 02-22-2006, 04:57 AM

Basically a bow with no riser, just a handle. I actually had one in my hand about 4 months ago. A customer at my butcher shop had one. Claimed it went about 400 fps. But obviously he was stretching the truth. The cams are very wide, thus the split in the split limbs are very wide. The arrow actually leaves the bow BETWEEN the base of the top limb split. The handle comes out at an angle away from the bow. I asked the guy if I could pull it back. He said only with a release. Apparently he rolled the string off the cam one time pulling it with fingers. He had to send it back to CA to be fixed. Doesn't look like something I would want.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:13 AM

I have shot this "bow", it is VERY fast, but loud, unforgiving, and LOTS of vibration, not to mention ugly as hell. I'll never own one.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:23 AM

I read about this bow awhile back. The manufacturer has only been in the bow biz for acouple years. I know thatBowtech is also afairly new companyandthey make a great bow, but this Liberty is a radically new design, while the Bowtech products use somewhat proven technology.It may be a great bow, but I would let someone else pay to do R & D for them. Now if they wanted to send me one to test...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The site clearly states in red bold text....I'm sure it's not a biased opinion! lol

"NoHand Shock or Kick"

Old 02-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

I have a friend that has one and i have shot it a few times, it is the fastest bow i have seen personally, i dont know how fast it is but it was kicking the Hoyt's butt. Accuracy was not good, but i suppose that takes some getting used to, my friend can shoot it decent, overall though he doesnt like the bow because it is LOUD and, he has had problems with stuff going wrong on it.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

It states on the site,"average arrow speed 309 fps, 242 AMO". That is right on par with alot of bows on the market.

Shane
Old 02-22-2006, 08:41 AM

It's a compound slingshot!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:19 AM

I shot one, it sucked. Lots of vibration, very unforgiving and just plain awkward to shoot. I will never own one.

Quick Reply: REALLY short bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.