Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I stupid?

Old 02-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Am I stupid?

OK, I know this one is WAAAAAAAY to easy for some of you and I will read your responses with a grin but I do have a question that may be considered pretty stupid. Can I use Muzzy practice blades to shoot a turkey? I think my bow produces enough kinetic energy to get the trocar tip to penetrate well and then the dull practice blades will stop the shaft from passing through. Has anyone ever tried this? I called the local game warden and he said it would be legal because it is not a feild point. Sometimes I think too much.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:09 PM

Default RE: Am I stupid?

Yes, you're stupid..... Now to the question...[8D] I wouldn't, but that's just me.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: txrookie

OK, I know this one is WAAAAAAAY to easy for some of you and I will read your responses with a grin but I do have a question that may be considered pretty stupid. Can I use Muzzy practice blades to shoot a turkey? I think my bow produces enough kinetic energy to get the trocar tip to penetrate well and then the dull practice blades will stop the shaft from passing through. Has anyone ever tried this? I called the local game warden and he said it would be legal because it is not a feild point. Sometimes I think too much.

Just don't tell the turkey,, he might practice he's dead!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally wouldn't. It might work....but why not use one of the thumpers or stoppers, what ever they call them with your regular muzzy! Seems important to have a sharp cutting surface.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a bh that has two sharp blades and one dull for this purpose. Shot a muzzy with two sharp and one practice and see if it shoots straight. It may work.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah! I think you are stupid too.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:42 AM

well i always here people talking about dulling the blades so maybe it whould work theres never a stupid quistion trust me ive asked a few
Old 02-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not legal
Old 02-22-2006, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't do it. Broadheads kill from hemraging (sp?). If there aren't sharp cutting surfaces, you won't cut major arteries and veins that carry blood. It may kill the bird, but I don't think I would take the chance.

I would suggest getting another, larger broadhead to use, that has more surface area to slow it down, or just stick with the muzzy. Keep the razor sharp edges no matter what though.

Cardeer may have another point. Is it legal to hunt with them in your state? I know that it would be illegal to hunt with them in PA because the law states that the broadhead must be designed to have sharp cutting surfaces. Or something along those lines.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:45 AM

I hope you are not stupid come on you have a bow in your hand!

The more blade the more it cutz the faster it will hit the dirt.

More blade gives you more hemraging power that is what puts them down.

Quick Reply: Am I stupid?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.