Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Gobbler Guillotine broadhead ??? >

The Gobbler Guillotine broadhead ???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Gobbler Guillotine broadhead ???

Old 02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Gobbler Guillotine broadhead ???

Has anyone seen the Guillotine broadheads for turkey hunting? The are meant for head and neck shots. If so, what do you think? Again I have mixed feelings...

They look deadly, but
Iwould have to get new, longer arrows because the tip of the arrow has to stick outside of your riser.

What do you think???
Old 02-15-2006, 05:54 PM

Default RE: The Gobbler Guillotine broadhead ???

I've seen them before, and in the hands of agood shooter, they seem to be very effective. I think they go something like 2.5" dia. for the 100 gr. heads and 4" in the 125gr.

I would think that since the blades are rather thin and perpendicular to the line of flight they would tend to break very easy.

I've seen them in stores and they go for about $12 a head, seems a bit pricey since it'll only work with turkey.

http://www.arrow-dynamic-solutions.com/gobbler_guillotine.htm#THE%20GOBBLER%20GUILLOTINE
Old 02-15-2006, 05:55 PM

They are made for neck and head shots which leads to a harder shot and a worse chance of slaying a mature tom. It also is another way to make turkey hunting and the sport a little more challenging.....
Old 02-15-2006, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: reflex03

They are made for neck and head shots which leads to a harder shot and a worse chance of slaying a mature tom. It also is another way to make turkey hunting and the sport a little more challenging.....
The vitals on a turkey are very small and can be difficult to pick th spot to shoot. With these, it is either a clean miss or a clean kill. Ver slim chance of wounding a bird and not finding it.
I can't wait to try them out this spring.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i've got a double bull video with lots of footage on those head shots with the guillotine. They are awesome heads. I'd definitley give them a go if I had many turkeys where I live.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:40 PM

rocket (tom o hawk )and just slam them
Old 02-15-2006, 09:00 PM

die hard beat me to it. The double bull guys use them, and on the video they decap 3 birds. If you use the straws that come with them over the blades, they do fly good. Personally though, I don't like them, and for a couple of reasons. What happens if you shoot low and hit the bird in the body. You will most definetly wound the bird. Getting very little penetration. If you miss altogether, no problem. Also, in Missouri, the head has to be intact until the butchering process. If I were to decap one, I would be in violation of MO law.
If you ask my honest opinion, I say go with a good, big diameter mechanical head for turkeys. They have a small vital area, so the large diameter is needed for maximum damage. Also, they burn alot of KE and hopefully stay in the bird to keep him from flying off. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

die hard beat me to it. The double bull guys use them, and on the video they decap 3 birds. If you use the straws that come with them over the blades, they do fly good. Personally though, I don't like them, and for a couple of reasons. What happens if you shoot low and hit the bird in the body. You will most definetly wound the bird. Getting very little penetration. If you miss altogether, no problem. Also, in Missouri, the head has to be intact until the butchering process. If I were to decap one, I would be in violation of MO law.
If you ask my honest opinion, I say go with a good, big diameter mechanical head for turkeys. They have a small vital area, so the large diameter is needed for maximum damage. Also, they burn alot of KE and hopefully stay in the bird to keep him from flying off. Just my 2 cents.

That is what is nice about this BH. If you body shoot them you DONT wound them. They just run away. Just like shooting a deer with a blunt. Clean miss or clean kill. Yes you are supposed to shoot a different arrow also. I believe the maker of the GG also build an arrow.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

For those that have used them how do you practice with them? The reason is I have talked with others that haved used these broadheads and they have said thatthese headsdon't hold up well for a singe shot let alone several shots.Without practice I don't know if I'd hunt with them.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

RE: The Gobbler Guillotine broadhead ??? - 2/16/2006 10:46:02 AM

showPicture("2/16/2006 10:46:02 AM",0,0,0,1428483,19)

TeeJay

titleAndStar(1096,0,false,false,"","")
Life Member

[align=center][/align]

That is what is nice about this BH. If you body shoot them you DONT wound them.
TeeJay, please explain, not trying to argure, just trying to understand how you don't wound them when you do body shoot them?

Quick Reply: The Gobbler Guillotine broadhead ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.