HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hind sight front/rear sight - Replaces Peep (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/133680-hind-sight-front-rear-sight-replaces-peep.html)

gzg38b 02-20-2006 08:52 PM

RE: Hind sight front/rear sight - Replaces Peep

Thats what their website says. Its supposed to work with any fixed pin sight. Or they'll sellyou a combo unit like the picture at the top of the post if want to buy the whole unit from them.

davidmil 02-21-2006 05:30 AM

It violates all the principles of physics for a sight plane. With a short sight plane you will have less accuracy and exaggeration of form problems. It's a gimmick and will do the opposite of what you're looking for. I've know a few that tried them, but I never saw anyone keep it.

gzg38b 02-21-2006 10:53 AM

I'll probably try it myself and see if it works. Either this or the Hallowpino from Vital.

ijimmy 02-21-2006 11:00 AM

I liked the hindsight myself , used it many years ago , I found that it did most of what they claim , it will teach you about grip toqure . I've allso tryed the nopeep , and it was worthless to me .

HNI_Christine 02-21-2006 11:08 AM

It most certainly is NOT a gimmick. I really like mine.

Any little bit of bow twisting is really evident with this sight.

davidmil 02-21-2006 11:37 AM

Maybe I should rephrase...... "REAL bowhunters don't use them"[8D][8D][8D]

I liked the hindsight myself , used it many years ago
This sounds like you DON'T use it now???? What's the deal on that?

gzg38b 02-21-2006 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Maybe I should rephrase...... "REAL bowhunters don't use them"[8D][8D][8D]
Oh man you're going to cause a firestorm! My grandpa thought anyone you used a compound bow wasn't a real bowhunter. He'd rollover in his grave if he saw a modern bowwith all the gadgets....

ijimmy 02-21-2006 12:44 PM

Your correct David , I now use a quality string and a 1/4 inch truepeep , I used to use the hind sight years ago when I was shooting a mathews with their famous strings . I had no problem with consistancy with the hindsight and it did teach me about a grip toqure issue I had . Obviosly I like my curent setup better, or I would has stuck with the hindsight , that and string technology and aftermarket choices have improved alot in the past few years .

coyote170 02-21-2006 08:51 PM

Yep,bought mine(back piece) two years ago,use trophy ridge as the front sight,love it!:)