Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nugent

Old 02-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nugent

I agree with Charlie P.

I have read all the music magazines and being a fellow guitar player, I admire Ted Nugent and what he does for the hunting community. But there is a lot of stuff out there that slams him to the wall. Let's just say ...skeletons in the closet.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:00 AM

i will put all these questions straight to ted himself . i have his e-mail address and we have talked in the past . he is always courtious and always answers. we will see what he says. it seems funny that the magazine that was suposed to prove ted a draft dodger doesnt exist any more nor do any archives that are accessable by everyone. i agree if this truely existed and it was true. the many anti ted anti hunting idiots would have spread it on like butter on a bisquit.seems odd we only hear about it on the hunting boards. we were just told that it circulated on another board before this one. sounds like sabotage. unproven stories started by people who clearly have separate agendas other than the preservation of our way of life.and whats worse we good people who here this crap take it and run . we turn it into a monster and we cause more distortion among our already shakey ranks. like him or not ted is ted. if you dont like him and live in michigan use your right to vote and vote your conciance.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

were just told that it circulated on another board before this one.
Go to the bowsite and start a thread about it.

sounds like sabotage
LOl, I was on the grassy knoll too.

unproven stories started by people who clearly have separate agendas other than the preservation of our way of life.
Who are you referring to with that statement ,Gonzo?

i will put all these questions straight to ted himself
You do that I'm sure he will be totally truthful.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:34 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Charlie P, I work in a University system so I'll see what I can come up with. There may be archives here, they may even have the magazine.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

In politics, as in Life, it is offen a coice of the lesser of two evils...

Stack Ted Nugent up against any politician, past or present, and He's still a fair choice, depending on the issues.

As far as I know the only man to walk this earth without skeletons in his closet was 2000 odd years ago.

Show me a perfect man(or woman) and I'll show you a liar.

If I were in Michigan, he'd get a seriousconsideration from my camp.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO Ol' Uncle Ted does as much harm to hunting as he does good with his Whackem' and Stackem' Killem' and Grillem' talk. I watched him the other night sneak towithin 20 yards of a bedded monster buck in wide open woods and the buck never detected him or the cameraman[:@]. Now there's know way that anyone on this sight or anywhere else willconvince me that the buck wasn't tame. After watching his show I don't have much need for the man. I sure would not mant him in charge of my states checkbook.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:20 PM

i remember a couple years ago i won an archery contest and i got to meet Ted and he was a cool guy and gave me lots of advice and encuraged me to continue hunting and we had a good talk about youth hunting. He later gave me an autographed picture of himwith a huge whitetail and i thought that was pretty cool. I will never forgetthe day.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:56 PM

There is no doubt the Nuge is a cool guy. I admire what he has done for our sport, and for the way he has promoted hunting for kids. The fact that he is "off the wall" only makes me like him that much more. However, as far as politics goes, I think he would do the hunting community a greater service as an advocate rather than as a politician. As governor, he would have to be involved in causes other than hunting. And I don't think that he is qualified (nor are many "politicians).As far as his personal life...it should be just that...personal! The draft dodging aspect (if there is even anything to it) only becomes an issue because of his conservatism. I hope the draft dodging stories aren't true, because if they are it will lessen his credibility and give the PETA idiots something to crow about.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

Minnesota elected a professional wrestler into office, I dont see why Michigan couldnt elect Ted. I think overall he is good for our sport. As for him being an adulterer and a draft dodger, sounds likes he meets the pre-qualifications for politicical office, with that kind of stuff on his resume he should be a clear choice for president. I say vote him in if nothing else it would be entertaining!!!!!

I totally agree. Lets bring in all the facts on the table for every public official out there hiding from their skeletons in their closet-Kennedys, Clintons, Bush 2.0, fmr. gov. Gray Davis, so on and so on. From Jesse Ventura to Ronald Reagan, I believe we have seen more devoted political outputs from those individuals that had the spotlight before their poltical roundups than the groomed politcians of today.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:24 PM

Lefty26,
Jesse Ventura was a former Navy SEAL (an officer), and had a Master's Degree. SEALs are not only selected for their courage and fighting ability, but also for their ability to make life-or-death decisions under fire.Now, for the record, I like Ted Nugent. I thinks he's an incredible guitarist, an experienced outdoorsman and hunter, and probably a fine human being. But to compare a highly educated, formerNavy SEAL to a middle-aged rocker...well...

Quick Reply: Nugent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.