Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE >

UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Old 02-18-2006, 12:11 PM

Default RE: WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!

Brand bashing is just that. Tearing down a brand just because you don't like it. I don't think relaying a personal experience with a certain company, though it may have been a bad experience, is bashing them. Life ain't all roses and sometimes a company does bad things. Relaying that isn't bashing it, but I would say, however, that this thread has certainly been hijacked. Sorry BM.........you may proceed sir.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the shoddy customer service. Good and bad personal experiences passed along to the rest of us only help everyone in the long run. They won't get any of my money.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:07 PM

Buck Magnet,

You have more trouble out of your products than anyone I know Ever thought maybe it's you
Old 02-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

I have 4 TrailMacs and when the one time I did have a problem it was fixed and sent back within one week. Also whenever I have had a question about it they have ALWAYS called me back. I have not seen a problem with them at all and will continue to use there product.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the heads up. sorry about your experience.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks

Old 02-20-2006, 12:10 AM

well i for one thought that was one thing these post where good for helping your fellow hunter imo its just facts thanks for the info
Old 02-20-2006, 01:46 PM

So they took they're time calling you back and on top of that they're going to charge you for testing it?!?!?!? I don't like that at all[:@]
Old 02-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

In response to your update:
Jason, you have options when paying by credit card. If the repair is not on the up and up exercize those options. BTW, how old is the unit, old enough that they would charge you for testing and repair?
Old 02-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

I would like to take a minute a post areply. I am a (or maybe the) representative for the Company and know who's camera this is referencing and believe the complaint a bit speculative and unfair.

Regarding the lack of response - TSE attends the Eastern Sports, Travel and Outdoor Show in Harrisburge PA each year. The show starts on Feb 4th and continues until Feb 12th (exact dates change each year) - Its 9 - days of long show hours and usually two days of setup/take down.

Given the scope of the show, the office, that is anyone who might competantly answer questions, its at the show assisting the entire two weeks and selling cameras. Show hours average from 8AM to 10PM - at least for us exhibitors.

While we often cannot return phone calls during such short times of the year, we regularly return emails on issues where customers seek an update or require (or want) an immediate response. This is especially true during the months of October and November. While we hunt too (most of the time a long way from the office), we understand many guys focus intensely on trail camera use, often checking emails early morning, afternoon breaks (if we take em) and after dinner.

Since it appears this customer does have access to the internet, he chose not to employ this reliable means of communication. We do regret we could not get back to him as immediately as he might have wanted, but it was posted on our homepage where we were, and the secretaries answering the phone do try to encourage folks to send emails where its possible. Also, the show occurs at a non-critical time of the year where it is generally felt staffing the office is non-critical.

However, I will point out, his exact issue is clearly noted and diagnosed in both the TrailMAC instruction and warranty guide (where it specifically covers the camera turning off and oddly short battery life) as well as on our website under setup tips and then select the model of interest (for those who may need further explantion and/or photos.

It would be nice if folks would check to see if any online help existed, or possibly re-read the instruction guide, or better yet, email the many folks who post photos on the site. Some of these guys are experts, not only using trail cams, but also TrailMACs. These are all options in addition to sending customer service an email. So long as they enter their email address correctly, I have never seen a time when an email wasn't returned within 12-24 hours.

Anyhow, These options have been available for customersfor acouple of years now, simply calling, if an answer is needed in short order is only employing a single means.For those of you who are loyal TrailMAC customers, or are prospective - this is the backstory in this case.

Quick Reply: UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.