Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tell me if you think this is weird >

Tell me if you think this is weird

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tell me if you think this is weird

Old 03-03-2006, 07:46 AM

Default RE: Tell me if you think this is weird

Not wierd at all, but I am the opposite. It's those days I plan to hunt days in advance, check the weather, check all my gear, all excited the day before at work, get out nice and early in the stand and see or shoot nothing all day! But, then there are the nights where you toss and turn and try to talk yourself out of getting up early to hunt because of strong winds, rain, snow, etc...you grudgingly walk to your stand believing it'll be a waste of your time but better than work and those are the days you drop a nice buck or large doe!
Old 03-03-2006, 01:23 PM

I definetly get that feeling at times. I have gotten that feeling but then nothing happens and you just can't believe it because you just felt that everything was perfect. But thats why I hunt, to get that feeling! This year on Novemebr 8th after a lot of hours on stand that season I got a really good feeling as soon as i got up into my stand. At 0845 it happened andI scored on my best buck to date. It doesn't get any better than that.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Little different reply.....

First year bow hunting (actually went for first time on 10/17). I didn't harvest a deer....and I only took one shot. I hunted maybe 25 times....and had a MYRIAD of different "feelings" in those times.

The ONE that struck me the hardest, though.....was one afternoon I slipped into a tree with my climber about 3:30. It was windy....and I was at about 18 feet. I got this STRANGE feeling upon me that something wasn't right (I posted about it at the time). I climbed down.....and hiked over to where my lock-on was. I climbed up.....and felt the SAME feeling. I climbed down and went home. I can't explain it.....but I felt like something bad was going to happen. I'm 41 yrs old.....and I've never felt that before or since.

Jeff
Old 03-03-2006, 03:34 PM
New Sheriff

On days when I am mostexcited and expecting to see something....I usually blank out. Days when I am cranky about the weather or something else is when the deer show up.
Bingo, that's almost exactly what happens to me.

It seems that if I make myself drag out of bed, weather is crappy, can't find my gear, get there late, under-dress, when everything is going wrong....presto, I get lucky. It's like a reward for sticking with it or something.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:48 PM

NOT WEIRD I ALWAYS FEEL THE SAME EVEN IF I DONT SCORE
ORIGINAL: newman1

Not weird at all i have felt that way a few times and scored.