Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tell me if you think this is weird >

Tell me if you think this is weird

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tell me if you think this is weird

Old 02-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tell me if you think this is weird

Same thing here. On those days at least for me the time in the woods seems to fly by.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i got/get those feelings too. one year i couldnt hunt yet but i was gonna go out with my dad anyway, and i ended up feelin really sick so i stayed back but then while i was just watchin tv i felt like my dad just shot something, about an hour later my dad comes back with blood on his hands.....then the past two years i've been able to hunt, i got some sort of feelin while i was laying in bed the night before and i did end up shootin something the next day.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:06 PM

this year in school i was sittin in class on a fri. thinking i wasn't goin to go huntin. don't ask me why. after school i went to subway. while i was eating i just got that feeling that i had to go out. so i went home shot my bow a couple times. when i hit the woods i just had that feelin, it was going to happen. my first buck with my bow. well it did. it was a small buck but my first one it wasn't bad
Old 02-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

some people just get that feeling.....i dont...i never get my hopes up lol...then i have nothing to be disappointed about! lol...we were driving one day this rifle season....me and my best friend were shooters...his cousin and uncle were our drivers......set out to drive the local dump...drove it out every day of the season....only got one buck out of it..though a few nice ones lived there we could just never find them.....my buddy said he had that feeling...not half way through the drive KAPOW!!! he starts SCREAMING...hes an enthusiastic person...i was a good 3-400yds away and i could here him....he got lucky as all heck...even his SHOT was lucky lol......his spot wasnt luck...they been crossing there all year.....i was just watching a back door just incase...he nailed a NICE one.....16 inch wide THICK 8pt...about perfectly semetrical....if the tines were long it would be a pretty dang biggun for around here....but its still a good one...his shot was luck....hit it in an oddball spot but spined it hard..and it slid down a STEEP bank and busted its nose on a big rock.....he may got a few more shots off if he missed/wounded on the first shot...but he got lucky...pulled up saw brown and bang....not my style of shooting....but he got it.....and told us he had that feeling before we started the day
Old 02-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately know what you mean. This past rifle season I had those feelings, and it was a great season best I've ever had, a ten, spike, big doe in four days, while everyone else didn't see anything. You just know when you scout, and thw weather works out you get that feeling, today's the day.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's best to keep feelings like that to yourself. You go talking about them or bragging that you KNOW you're bringing home a deer tonight, you can undo the magic.

Once you got the mojo, you don't want to do anything that might ruin it!

[8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Dominant Buck

I had a premanition about Cheryl. It never came true.[&:] Since then, I don't hold a lot of stock in such stuff. There's only one God that can do that ...... and you ain't him.[8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 01:36 PM

I feel that way every time I go hunting! Unfortunately...well, you know...
Old 02-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

I always get feelings, Ask my wife. that was what made us take a pregnancy test to find out we were having our son. Anyways Yea I get those feelings alot
Old 02-18-2006, 03:53 PM

THEreason that happens obviously is because of the weather, if its 5 deggres with 50 mph winds and snowing u dont expcet to see anything. but then you get those awsome days and you feel like u will do good and you usally do

Quick Reply: Tell me if you think this is weird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.