Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rangefinder..?

Old 02-19-2006, 11:39 AM

Default RE: Rangefinder..?

ORIGINAL: TeeJay
When is someone going to build a range finder that is built right into a archery sight? Single pin up to 100 yds. I think it would sell like hotcakes!
Here it is, http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-yardage-pro-bow-laser-rangefinder-200100.html

One thing that is a very important feature whatever range finder you buy is that it has a scan feature which means after the power is on you hold down a button a sweep the crosshairs across targets and the yardage is shown. With some cheaper models you have to hold the hairs steady on the target and push the button. If you flinch you'll end up getting a number for the rockpile 30 yards past you target or the tree 10 yards infront ofit etc....
Old 02-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to side with the REV. on this. I am new to bowhunting but I am seriously considering the pendulum sight for tree stand hunting. Anyone know of a good one with bright fiber? I think once you get this sighted in right, the elevation problem is solved, then all you need to do is mark a few landmarks around the stand you will hunt. This is where a rangefinder comes in handy. You need to range these distances horizontally and not from a tree stand. Mark them and you "should" be good to go.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Metro, They said that item was discontinued. Can you still find that somewhere. I am interested.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I as well like the Bushnell yardage pro.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

Check out these bad boys...I have been eyeing them for awhile. They have built in range angle compensation and much, muchmore. I can't decide what model to get.
http://www.leupold.com/products/rx/main.html

Check out the tab that says overview. See what is behind that range finder....YA it's not a Hoyt. Birds of a feather flock together. Just playing with you.
dude that thing is sweet i wonder how much that will set you back?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was eyeing up those Leupold RX rangefinders myself........The problem is that the I and II are only "weatherproof" and have 1 yr warranties and the RXII goes for $319.

The RXIII is completely "Waterproof" and has a 2yr warranty........this one costs $399. That's the one I would want but man o man, $400 on something electronic used outdoors and it only has a 2yr warranty scares the crap out of me.[:-]

I know it's a Leupold product an dtheir scopes carry a warranty second to none, but flat out stating 2yrs on this? GULP. If it said 5-10yrs, I'd own one already.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes Rev, but this invention (which is my idea) will be your new sight in place of you old one. Tee Jay if you want to hunt kansas we can do it.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of ranges do you hunt in? If you're only going to use one from 100yds in, just about any will do.

I would suggest getting something like the bushnell pro, they're small enough to fit in your shirt pocket.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Yes Rev, but this invention (which is my idea) will be your new sight in place of you old one. Tee Jay if you want to hunt kansas we can do it.
Your idea, whatever! LOL But anyway yes I am thinking pretty serously bout coming down that way.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:48 PM

ME TOO AND I'M VERY HAPPY WITH IT
ORIGINAL: Barth

Solberg I have a bushnell yardage pro and its prime itskinda expensive about $180 but i havent had a problem with my range yet so thats my opinion!