Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LONE WOLF VS SUMMIT >

LONE WOLF VS SUMMIT

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LONE WOLF VS SUMMIT

Old 02-08-2006, 07:38 PM

Default LONE WOLF VS SUMMIT

IS LONE WOLF WORTH ALL THE MONEY THEY COST OR IS BETTER TO GO WITH SUMMIT?
Old 02-08-2006, 07:48 PM

Default RE: LONE WOLF VS SUMMIT

They're both good stands, I like the summit better, I think they are more practical. Whatever you do, if it mainly is for bowhunting, get an open fronted model.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

I think it's going to depend solely who you talk to. Lone Wolf guys are going to stand by their stuff as well as Summit guys. I have a Summit Viper and love it. But like il coyote said, get a model without a bar in front of you as long as you are comfortable up in a tree without one. For bow hunting that is. For gun hunting, I would go with that bar in front. Makes for a very handy gun/arm rest. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Its all a personal choice and depends on what you want in a climbing stand. Both make quality tree stands. For me safety, quietness, ease of use, reliability, durability and carrying are of upmost importance. The Summit seat/backrest are 2nd to none in my opinion, but do bowhunters really sit the whole time? I know I don't.

Side by side and taking into consideration every model of Summit climbing stand, then comparing it to the Lone Wolf SitnClimb.........I will take the Lone Wolf, and I have. Yes its worth the money. But the best thing you can do is try them both out and decide for yourself, you may opt for the Summit.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned both and the Lone Wolf takes the cake hands down. Yes, it is more money, but it is worth every penny.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:45 AM

will i bought the summit 2 years ago, it was cheaper and many people said it was the best stand so it being 75$ cheaper i bought it. 1 month later i took it back and got my money back and bought the lone wolf hand climber. it packs easier, lighter, quieter, the only negetive is it isn't as comfortable. which for me isn't an issue i just stand up ever 30 minutes or so for 2-3 minutes. i have since bought the lnoe wolf hang on and climbing sticks. you talk about awsome, you can sit in almost any tree in the woods and be up in less than 10 min. i use my hang on 75% of the time and the hand climber 25% of the time. you just can't imagine how quit and easy these stands are to put up and take down.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:01 AM

It's almost an apples to oranges comparison.

The lone wolf stands are minimalist, high tech stands designed to be super quiet and super light.

The summit stands are mostly built for stability, comfort and ease of climbing.

Both are probably worth almost exactly what you pay for them (on sale anyhow ) as long as you're looking for ATHAT kind of stand.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:47 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Have never used a Summit but have the Lone Wolf sit and climb. As the others have said depends on what you want in a stand. It is not what I would call an all day stand, the seat is not comfortable. It is very light, easy to attach to the tree, climbs great, silent,and is rock solid once set. My biggest complaint is with the seat size. It is definately not made for bigger guys. I'm 6' and 210lbs, in good shape and the seat is too small for me. I have to be very careful when I stand up as the leg buckles on my safety harness will catch on the seat railsand either make noise or pull up on the seat causing it to slide down the tree. This is without heavy winter clothes on. If you are a bigger guy I don't think the Lone Wolf will work.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

here we go again... Those who buy Lone wolfs Love'em those who buy Summits Love'em.

My observation over the countless times this has been asked is"

There are probably more Summit owners due to price and comfort, the hard core stealth guys like Lone Wolfs.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought a Summit Viper X5 so I haven't climbed with it yet. I was using an API GrandSlamfor the last 10 years. The Summit looks great and looks much more comfortable. Also the width is 3 inches wider which will do me good.

Quick Reply: LONE WOLF VS SUMMIT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.