HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Drop rest or Whisker Biscut????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/131664-drop-rest-whisker-biscut.html)

huntingmatt418 02-04-2006 07:12 AM

Drop rest or Whisker Biscut?????

I'm on the maket for a new rest. I've been looking at the WB now for a couple of weeks. I hunt and do a little bit of 3d shooting. Anyone have any suggestions? I like the WB but, I don't want to have to change my fletching on my arrows. I also like the Trophy Taker drop away rest.
????????????????

BOWFANATIC 02-04-2006 07:38 AM

RE: Drop rest or Whisker Biscut?????

I've used the Whisker Biscuit and like it. It's great for hunting.

I now use the Muzzy Zero Effect and love it! It's great for hunting and even better for 3d shooting.

game4lunch 02-04-2006 09:01 AM

I use the WB for evrything. I believe the shooting is in the shooter, not the equiptment. Obviously you have to have well tuned gear, but after that what becomes the variable? The shooter.
Are you saying the WB would require you to change the fletchings? I use arrows with knocks that rotate. A simple turn, and fletchings are instantly aligned. I did screw up a little last fall. Was practicing during a hunt one day and noticed all my groups were at least one pin low! I'm freaking out thinking, "What if that 32 X 40 bull was in my crosshairs?!" After taking a sedative and a shot of wqhiskey I realized I was knocking the arrow upside down and the odd colored fletch was passing through the black whiskers. Kicking the aroow up just slightly.
Other than some human error, absolutely no mechanical, or weather related problems.

Pat Curtis 02-04-2006 09:16 AM

I used the WB for a couple years. Took down a few deer with it on, as well as shot 3D tournys with it on. Loved it, besides the factit wore my fletchings down a little after dozens of shots thru it.

With that said, I switched to a T.R. Drop Zone the past summer. Love it even more.

Overall, my opinion is this: If you do a lot of stalking/still hunting a WB is great b/c you can walk through brush and thickets while the arrow is still ready to fly. If you mainly hunt from stands, I'd go with the Drop-away rest.

fl.huntress 02-04-2006 09:30 AM

whisker biscuit all the way....don't go in the woods without mine.:D

bowtech_tribute3 02-04-2006 10:04 AM

go with the whisker biscut. i cant trust the drop rest when im in the stand

early in 02-04-2006 01:35 PM

I love my Wisker Biscut, shoot nice groups and have arrow security!;)

Allseasonhunter7 02-04-2006 01:40 PM

whisker biscuit if your a hunter i cant imagine the need for a drop away

Rick C. 02-04-2006 01:52 PM

I really like my WB, but don't use feather fletchings with it. I have a gobbler getter head/arrow combination, the WB tears up the feather fletchings. No problem with plastic fletching/vanes.

Arrroman 02-04-2006 03:46 PM

Use a quality vane or feather fletching, and tune your bow with the correct spine arrow and you will find the fletching lasts a long time.

No arrowrest will magically tune you bow. And just because the whisker biscuit will funnel every spine arrow you own into a pie plate at 20yards that doesn't mean the bow is in tune or the rest is set right.

The correct fit for the biscuit is loose not tight.

The bow should be set at an even tiller. Simply backing both limb bolts out the same number of turns each will be close enough to even tiller for the bow to start tuning.

The biscuit should be parallel to the bowstring and the arrow should be nocked at 90degrees to the bowstring.

The windage for the rest should be determined by shooting the correct spine arrow for the bow at 10-20-30-40yards. The correct spine arrows for the bow will hit the same vertical line at all distances while the incorrect spine arrows will not.

You can leave the the arrow nocked at the 90degree position on the bowstring. If the arrow hits nockhigh or nock low in the target you can correct the tiller of the bow by simply adding tiller to the bowlimb that is in the direction that you want the nock end of the arrow to go.

You don't need a bowsquare or a laser to tune the bow in this fashion and all adjustments can be made with a wrench.

Good luck tuning!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>