HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Working for bowhunting........ (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/131640-working-bowhunting.html)

Cougar Mag 02-03-2006 07:17 PM

Working for bowhunting........

anyone else? Nah, I don't mean working for a bow company, video production company, etc. I've taken on a few lawns to mow this summer.......small, easy to care for lawns;), just for some extra spending money to use on bowhunting. Actually my wife helped get me my first "bowhunting lawn", I put a bid in where she works and got the job. Funny thing........she was all for it after I mentioned it. I think she realized it was better for me to make some extra cash for spending on bowhunting than listening to me whine about needing this and need that.:D

Bodean74 02-03-2006 07:23 PM

RE: Working for bowhunting........

good idea cougar now you can have just bow huntin money and she wont get mad for ya spending it your a genuis

extreme1 02-03-2006 07:25 PM

LOL-----thats why my wife works----I figure if I whine enough she will usually give in;)
I to am thinking on taking up a 2nd job as well to feed my hunting needs.Its a very easy job and will be very satisfying on helping out others,since it has to do with the hunting industry---cant get any better then that:)

mobow 02-03-2006 10:09 PM

Yeah, that's the problem with bow hunting. IT IS JUST SO DARN EXPENSIVE!!! But, it's all good. Worth every penny, if you ask me....

I tried a simliar plan last year. I actually took a job at McDonald's.....LMAO.....still makes me laugh...anyway, I worked only on the weekends. After 3 weekends it occured to me that I just can't handle this....But that's a story for another day.

Do what ya gotta do to GIT R DONE!!!

deerdust 02-04-2006 01:20 AM

Heyyy Greg, How are ya buddy? Sounds like you got it in the bag. I got a new to me bow this year, but I worked my normal job for it,,,lol I got it as a tip from one of my hunters. It is a Mathews FX. It is not one of their newest bows, but for me it is leagues better than the antique PSE I have used for years. Now I actually know what it is to have a bow that has let-off....LOL One of the advantages of working in the hunting industry for me.

idahoelkinstructor 02-04-2006 06:11 AM

I work construction but for me it slows down in the winter, so I am working part time right now for a friend at hisbow shop. I get paid in store credit and alsoget dealer price on products that I buy with store credit and with cash if I so choose. So far haven't had to spend cash, so my wife I very happy with that, plus the fact she got a fully set up Mathews Mustang for christmas. Its a win win situation for me.

buckhunter14 02-04-2006 06:19 AM

I mow two lawns one a week in the summer. In return, they let me hunt on their land whenever I want. I don't get paid, but hunting there is WAY more than enough. Deffinately a fair trade to me!

pjhunts 02-04-2006 07:14 AM

I usually roof a few houses and use that for my hunting addiction

BOWFANATIC 02-04-2006 07:50 AM

That's actually one of the reasons I started building arrows for people on the side , it gives me extra cash for bowhunting. It's a win win situation. I'm making extra bucks by doing something I love.

Double Creek 02-04-2006 10:10 AM

I usually just sell some of the hunting crap that I have but rarely use.... If you really look around you'd be surprised what you can get rid of......

I also have a little fund that I try to put $20 a week into.... Before you know it you have a decent amount of cash in there.........