Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Working for bowhunting........ >

Working for bowhunting........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Working for bowhunting........

Old 02-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default Working for bowhunting........

anyone else? Nah, I don't mean working for a bow company, video production company, etc. I've taken on a few lawns to mow this summer.......small, easy to care for lawns, just for some extra spending money to use on bowhunting. Actually my wife helped get me my first "bowhunting lawn", I put a bid in where she works and got the job. Funny thing........she was all for it after I mentioned it. I think she realized it was better for me to make some extra cash for spending on bowhunting than listening to me whine about needing this and need that.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:23 PM

Default RE: Working for bowhunting........

good idea cougar now you can have just bow huntin money and she wont get mad for ya spending it your a genuis
Old 02-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL-----thats why my wife works----I figure if I whine enough she will usually give in
I to am thinking on taking up a 2nd job as well to feed my hunting needs.Its a very easy job and will be very satisfying on helping out others,since it has to do with the hunting industry---cant get any better then that
Old 02-03-2006, 10:09 PM

Yeah, that's the problem with bow hunting. IT IS JUST SO DARN EXPENSIVE!!! But, it's all good. Worth every penny, if you ask me....

I tried a simliar plan last year. I actually took a job at McDonald's.....LMAO.....still makes me laugh...anyway, I worked only on the weekends. After 3 weekends it occured to me that I just can't handle this....But that's a story for another day.

Do what ya gotta do to GIT R DONE!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Heyyy Greg, How are ya buddy? Sounds like you got it in the bag. I got a new to me bow this year, but I worked my normal job for it,,,lol I got it as a tip from one of my hunters. It is a Mathews FX. It is not one of their newest bows, but for me it is leagues better than the antique PSE I have used for years. Now I actually know what it is to have a bow that has let-off....LOL One of the advantages of working in the hunting industry for me.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I work construction but for me it slows down in the winter, so I am working part time right now for a friend at hisbow shop. I get paid in store credit and alsoget dealer price on products that I buy with store credit and with cash if I so choose. So far haven't had to spend cash, so my wife I very happy with that, plus the fact she got a fully set up Mathews Mustang for christmas. Its a win win situation for me.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I mow two lawns one a week in the summer. In return, they let me hunt on their land whenever I want. I don't get paid, but hunting there is WAY more than enough. Deffinately a fair trade to me!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

I usually roof a few houses and use that for my hunting addiction
Old 02-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's actually one of the reasons I started building arrows for people on the side , it gives me extra cash for bowhunting. It's a win win situation. I'm making extra bucks by doing something I love.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:10 AM

I usually just sell some of the hunting crap that I have but rarely use.... If you really look around you'd be surprised what you can get rid of......

I also have a little fund that I try to put $20 a week into.... Before you know it you have a decent amount of cash in there.........

Quick Reply: Working for bowhunting........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.