HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I dont trust my bow (Anymore) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/131563-i-dont-trust-my-bow-anymore.html)

Slowpitch 02-03-2006 04:57 AM

I dont trust my bow (Anymore)

I hve a lifetime warrantee bow, That went hay wire 1 month before NY bow season started, before that came about, i was out 3 times aweek shooting 20 arrows on the average & became (1) with my bow I was shooting so perfect. UNTIL! At full draw I heard a clip than my string fell foward, so i let off & went to the shop to see what happened, My wife asked me whats wrong, So i pulled the bow back again It went haywire lower cam split almost off String jumped. I sent it back to Company to get it repaired, they replaced lower cam Got it bacl 1 week before bow season & At full draw upper & lower cams were shifting to the left, thought string was going to jump, & if they would have tested this bow at factory , they would have seen it, So i drove 2 hours to locate a dealer , he adjusted the strings But no go , My split limbs were worped, So sent it back to company again, this time I spoke to Woman in charge of warrantee's & told her, needless to say I started my season off with a borrowed bow , Gorgeous 8 point came out below me at 30 yards ( But ) i didnt trust this bow !!... Finally i got my bow back 2.5 weeks into bow season, but didnt trust it anymore & still dont, even thou everything is almost State of the art New on it..... What should i do, go test more bows & try to trust another campanys bows ? or suck it up & practice practice practice with My Old/New bow to try to regain trust with it........[>:]

hoyt3 02-03-2006 05:04 AM

RE: I dont trust my bow (Anymore)

confidence is about everything in archery. you know that. if you do not feel confident in your set up, get a new one. I had the same thing happen with a pearson I owned. my suspicions were correct when the shop told me the riser was bent. imagine that. that bow went in the trash as at the time, pearson was no longer around.

Campo 02-03-2006 06:25 AM

Agreed...
I was not confident in my setup once, and it resulted in a deer dying in a way it didnt have to, and a very long track job for me.
Look at it this way, there is no better excuse to go shopping for new toys than the want of a clean kill:)

duxrok 02-03-2006 06:43 AM

Its tax refund time man!

Put that one in the closet for a backup - and go get a new set up.

idahoelkinstructor 02-03-2006 10:09 AM

duxrok

titleAndStar(70,0,false,false,"","")
Spike

[align=center][/align]

Put that one in the closet for a backup
I do agree that its time for a new bow, but I dissagree with keeping this unreliablebow for a backup. IMO a backup bow shouldbe like a tested, tried and trueloyal servant. Maybe its not used for the day to day chores anymore, but when needed it can be called upon with confidence because it has preformed and delivered in the past. My back up bow right now is a Martin Fury, yes its nothing like my newer Switchback, but that Fury has downed both elk and deer for me in the seven years I carried it into the woods. You bet I have total confidence in it if needs be.

bowtech die hard 02-03-2006 10:30 AM

If you don't mind me asking...what bow is it? My only question to you is if you knew something was wrong why on earth did you draw it again????

Slowpitch 02-04-2006 05:18 AM

Thanks for your feedback......I do plan on searching after tax season for a new bow, no doubt....As a back up bow, no idea if i'll keep this High Country..... & to Bowtech about why the heck i drew it again, Just wasnt thinking After a long day at work Than practice with my bow & wife asked me a question, Just never thought & drew it. It happens....

Thanks again

Raymond

game4lunch 02-04-2006 09:22 AM

Slowpitch, I'd have to suggest shooting it a bunch with all that new "State of the art" technology they threw at it. Then decide. You liked it for some reason to begin with.
After that . . . dump it on eBay.

bowtech_tribute3 02-04-2006 10:10 AM

if im correct it was a high coutry that u had. i know a guy that had the same problem with his highcountry. im pretty sure it was the ultra light. my advise for u would be shoot as many bows as possible and chose the one u like.