Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Ohio Whitetails >

Hunting Ohio Whitetails

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Ohio Whitetails

Old 02-03-2006, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Hunting Ohio Whitetails

I always hunt in hancock county but at work their are three different groups of guys that go south for deer. The first ones go to the norther part of wayne national forest and do ok, would do better if it wasn't a beer fest. second group goes to an area called deer creek, its west and a little south of columbus, they do good and come back with some nice bucks and does. first two are gun groups. The last group hunts in delaware state park. The deer are thick in their and is on the borderline of a urban deer hunting zone and the park ranger told them that they are pushing to make the park a urban zone, (unlimited tags). Its bow only and you can camp too, only primitive but they have blacktop pads for campers. They have hot water showers and the campground is nice.They have been going there forfive years now and they say they only see maybe one or two other hunters when they are their. They all get deer except for the couple thatrack hunt and they to get some nice ones too.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:15 PM

I think all you guys are from Iowa, Illinios, and Indiana and registerd as Ohio just to cut down on the traffic in your neck of the woods.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:24 PM

I just booked a hunt with Pine Ridge Outfitters in southeastern Ohio for the second week of Nov.. This will make my first trip up there, but they have alot of good looking deer on the website. I hope I come back home with a dandy! http://users.ohiohills.com/pineridge/
Old 02-05-2006, 11:01 AM

joe832002- i'm going down to Hocking College this fall and i would like to know whats all around there to hunt.. How many acres is the public hunting.. and so forth.. i just dont wanna be hunting and have a two lovebirds come by a ruin my hunt because there out to take a picnic in the woods..

titleAndStar(41,0,false,false,"","")
Old 02-05-2006, 12:06 PM
dws

One of the best public places is Zaleski State Forest. It is on the corner of Vinton,Hocking and Athens counties. Not near as many people hunt there the last few years. I have seen many whoppers come out of that area. In bow season you probably won't even see anybody parked on most of the roads. There is a nice state campground, even some cabins you can rent but I wouldn't plan on getting one without a reservation.Just remember most of it is staight up and down. A second person is mighty handy to help drag. Lots of turkey there also.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Spike

Anyone try to get permission on private land in musk county? I want make the most of abowhunt especially since I'll only have a few days to hunt. Thanks.