Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey >

FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey

Old 02-01-2006, 04:56 PM

Default FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey

Some of you know that I killed a turkey out of season in November. I killed a hen with my bow and checked it in not knowing that the season had ended that weekend. I thought it stayed in until bow deer season went out. Anyway, I turned myself in to the game warden.

Well, my court date finally rolled around. It was last tuesday Jan. 24. I showed up and never had to say a word. The game warden had already spoken with the judge and I was given 8 hours community service and a month of probation. I was happy to take it considering what I thought may happen. I'm not sure if this is on my record or not. I have to find that out. It was a misdemeanor. Either way, I was happy with the outcome. What lesson did I learn? Well, thats easy. I am going to know the seasons like the back of my hand from now on.

Just wanted to let the curious know how it turned out in the end. Not all game wardens are bad, especially if you tell them the truth.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey

Good for you and the lesson learned that is if you do something the wrong the best thing to do is not try and hide it. Those game wardens are alot more understanding when you admit you made a mistake rather then getting caught trying to cover something up.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:03 PM

Ducsauce, I definitely applaud your honesty, integrity and moral character!

I know a lot of hunters who are normally rather upstanding people who seem to think that their occasional or not so occasional infractions of the law can go by the wayside as long as they are not "caught."

I'd be willing to bet that your light sentence was a direct result of your forthcoming, and the warden as well as your community will respect you in the future for it.

I hope that, given your honesty, it will not go on your record.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Good job duc. I figured the judge and warden would appreciate your honesty. I know I'm always re-reading the annual and checking dates, etc. Its not hard to make a mistake if you miss something. Glad to hear it worked out.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

We all make mistakes. It sounds like you escaped essentially unscathed with lesson learned.

That's all one can ask from the judicial system and it's users.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear that Duc! I though you were at risk of losing your hunting privileges for a season. Not even a fine?? Your honesty did pay off.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a great thing you did!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

It probably will be on your record especially if you got probation, but in the end you still won for being an upstanding citizen and hunter. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:44 PM

You acted more adult than most adults I know. I'm proud of ya. Glad it turned out well for you. Now, get out there and sweep those gutters!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

i'm very proud of you...as a person and as a hunter...you made amistake but you owned up to it.
wish more people would do what you did.

Quick Reply: FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.