Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOW MANY GET NEW BOWS >

HOW MANY GET NEW BOWS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOW MANY GET NEW BOWS

Old 02-01-2006, 11:41 AM

Default HOW MANY GET NEW BOWS

hOW MANY OF YOU GUYS GET NEW BOWS ON A YEARLY BASIS? oN A EVERY OTHER YEAR BASIS. THE REASON I AM ASKING IS BECAUSES I KEEP SEEING THESE POSTS OF GUYS GETTING NEW BOWS AND TALKIN ABOUT THEIR OLD BOW THAT ONLY A COUPLE OF YEARS OLD. DOES THE SHOP YOU BUY YOUR NEW BOW FROM BUY YOUR OLD ONE BACK?
Old 02-01-2006, 11:52 AM

Default RE: HOW MANY GET NEW BOWS

I have gotten a new one every year since i started bow hunting. I am one of those guys who has to have the newest thing out.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well the last 3 years I have but thats not a typical thing for me.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 AM

i got a new bow this year but i didnt have a bow before. my old lady was pissed about me spending so much on this one.i think i will keep it for a few years...lol
Old 02-01-2006, 12:07 PM

i have the past 3 years. i am kinda like the one poster i just like a new toy each year. i sell my old bow in e-bay. only lose about 100-125$ on the tade. i hunt private and public that doesn't change so that is the only expense i have. also have lifetime hunting-fishing liscense.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:11 PM

bought my first new compound in 5 years this year still have the first compound i bought back in 87 and old pse. for me once i find some thing i like its hard for me to get rid of it. i would guess they are going to run out of things to make new bows much better then they are right now so i am sure i will have my new one for many years
Old 02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

I would love a new bow, mine is about 6 years old. It is hard to drop a grand on a new bow. I am looking for a used one now, outback or switchback I think.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was getting a new bow from 96 through 01 on Hoyt's National Shooting Staff but through the building of my home and etc...I took time away...I'm picking up a new bow this year...we'll see what happens.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

im planning to buy one this year......and dont plan to buy a new one until im out of college....my money after the bow is going towards fixing the truck since i rolled it and the fenders are slowly going to rust out.....other then that its in great shape....bummed that i rolled it...perfect body for a 94....but ill get it fixed....then have ALL the other rust spots fixed the next summer......or save until next summer and have the whole body fixed and painted......only 90some thousand miles on it...engine is going to outlast the body...and id love to have it repainted...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:37 PM

The shop I use to deal with years ago sponsored me so I got a new bow from them every year. Well they spoiled me and I have just gotten a new bow every year since then. Most times I'll sell my last years model and if I'm not in too big of a hurry to sell it I can get all but $100 or so of my money back. If I can keep that trend I figure I'm in the good. What I mean isI would probably pay that for a set of good string and cables to replace. Not to mention I get to keep shooting a new bow.

Quick Reply: HOW MANY GET NEW BOWS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.