HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I shot the Tribute, Switchback XT, Trycon back to back to back. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/131153-i-shot-tribute-switchback-xt-trycon-back-back-back.html)

idahoelkinstructor 01-31-2006 11:06 AM

I shot the Tribute, Switchback XT, Trycon back to back to back.

I was at a IES sportsmans exposhow in Sacramento Cal. a week and a half ago for a elk calling contest. Anyway when walking around and checking it out, there were two archery pro shop venders side by side that had a small shooting range set up in between for both of them to use. I don't remember the names of the shops but between the two of them they had several different manufactures of bows. I know I saw PSE, Martin, Fred Bear, Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech and a few others. I asked if I could shoot the HOYT TRYCON, MATHEWS XT, andBOWTECH TRIBUTE each severl times, they were more than happyto fullfillmy request. I am left handed and have a 30" to 31" DL depending on D loop and release, so I am at a bit of dissadvantage, but I can still shoot right handed good enought to get the overall feel of a bow. Just don't ask me to shoot groups lol. I was overall surprised at how well all of them felt. Yes I did feel that one was the best and I'll get to that but first I want to sayfor anyone to put down or bag on any of these bows is just being ignorant, biased, and it makes me wonder if they are just full of hot air, with all talk and no walk. Back to my personal results, after shooting them all several times,I liked the TRYCON the lest only because I don't like the handle with the wrap around part, it just felt uncomfortable to me. Out of the three I felt the most vibration in the TRYCON, butthe TRYCON was set up with a DL of 27.5" with a D loop. Both of theother bows, theXT and Tributewere available in 30" DL with a D loop sothe TRYCOndidn'tfit me as far as draw length is concerned and maybe that is why I felt more vibration. I should add for what is worth, that my wife shot all three as welland she did like theTRICON the best between the three. Moving on to second place, I admit it was hard to choose between these two bows. Both theXT and the TRIBUTE felt dead in my hand and felt very very smooth, no vibrations at all, for me the decision is personal and comes down to the overall feel. I doknow that the TRIBUTE is a bit faster, but I am not worried about speed. I don't like shoot a huntingtipped arrow over 270 f/s and both of these bows fill that requirement.I am a big guy 6'3" and against popular opinion I like a bigger grip myself. I knowa lot ofguys like a slim narrow grip like that of a Bowtech or Hoyt and don't like the fatter grip of the Mathews, but that is what I like. So because of this reasoning I put the TRIBUTE in second place and the Switchback in the number one position. For the record if someone else wants to say that the TRIBUTE or TRYCON is the very best they will get no objection from me. I am putting myself out on a limb but I do feel that these three bows are the best of the best of what is out on the market today and to own any of thembrings a smile to the faceof the owner.;) If you own any of the above bows I say a big congrats on owning such a fine piece of hunting equipment.

wihunter402 01-31-2006 11:23 AM

RE: I shot the Tribute, Switchback XT, Trycon back to back to back.

Thanks for that. I shot the XT and Trykon back to back and got a lot of pressure from the shop owners Dad to buy the XT. To me I did like the Trykon better. I know every bow feels different to everyone. I am very happy with my purchase and I know others that have all 3 of the bows you mentioned and they are all very happy as well. You really can't buy a bow just because of what somebody else says about it.

Diesel77 01-31-2006 11:47 AM

I should add for what is worth, that my wife shot all three as welland she did like theTRICON the best between the three
so what you are really saying is the Trykon is for girls, the XT is ok but not all that, and the Bowtec is the shiznit

I smell a rat here, tell the truth you were hired by Bowtec!!! hehe JK JK

deer-hunter18 01-31-2006 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Thanks for that. I shot the XT and Trykon back to back and got a lot of pressure from the shop owners Dad to buy the XT. To me I did like the Trykon better. I know every bow feels different to everyone. I am very happy with my purchase and I know others that have all 3 of the bows you mentioned and they are all very happy as well. You really can't buy a bow just because of what somebody else says about it.
You hit the nail on the head there. I shot the switchback, the xt, and the Trykon. To me they all felt awesome and i shot well with all of them, so i just decided that i would pick the bow by how far away the dealer was and how they treated customers. I went with the Trykon.

cameronmclain 01-31-2006 01:09 PM

I agree it's personal preference. I also shot several different brands, but picked the Switchback. To me, it was a hard decision. There are a lot of high quality bows out there to choose from, which supports the fact that you should just go with what feels best to you.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-31-2006 01:20 PM

You know after all these years I think this darn forum is coming together....all three of these bows are exceptional and it's coming down to personal preference/and or feel for the most part. AND I totally agree that if someone bad mouths any of them, they certainly seem narrow minded and brand biased. Of course we each have certain expectations of a product and at times that particular product can disappoint because of that and in every product that exists, there is bound to be a lemon.....From all that I read from credible members here I am up for a tough decision for I have shot the Trykon and if the Switchback, Tribute and Allegiance can beat it's performance in my hand, I will truly be impressed....I look forward to shooting each and every one. Review to follow.;)

Thanks for the thread iei, and tell you wife she must be a smart cookie.;) And if your as big as you say you are, perhaps that Mathews grip seems small in your hands;) :D and that's what you really prefer and the Bowtech and Hoyt handles are just to little but fit's us commoners...;)

MilDotMaster 01-31-2006 01:25 PM

Can I try reverse psychology….Don’t waste your money on the BowTechs… they are junk!:D

cartman308 01-31-2006 01:55 PM

i'm gonna havea few extra dollars laying around.........i guess i'll have to through it away on a tribute :D

Mazur1 01-31-2006 02:15 PM

I too have just shot all three. I went with the Tribute. I had a VTEC and have to say I was impressed with the improvements in the Trycon. Still liked the Tribute better - love it.

I had to laugh - there was an old Bear Whitetail II at the shop (or something similar) and it brought back a lot of old memories from when I started shooting. My how things have changed! Used to be happy if I could hit a paper plate at 20yds!!

TerryM 01-31-2006 02:21 PM

OK I'm gonna ruin this cumbaya moment. Yeah they all shoot great are well constructed but the Tribute offers adjustable draw length, adjustable draw curve ( smooth vs. fast ) and is faster. Sorry, some one had to say it