Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Payback: Deer vs. car >

Payback: Deer vs. car

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Payback: Deer vs. car

Old 01-30-2006, 11:32 PM

Default Payback: Deer vs. car

Hit a doe on the way to work tonight! Spun her around like a top, then she ran into the night (real fast when she saw the skinning knife in my hand!). Luckily I saw her early and had time to brake a little. Not much damage to the Passat, just broken cowling and spiderwebbed paint on theupper plastic shroud (of course that's probablya grand in damage!). Better than last time...$3000 in damage (same car). She was probably a yearling and, hopefully, not carrying a fawn. Guess I'll stop by the local PD in the morning and get a report for my insurance guy!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:19 AM

Default RE: Payback: Deer vs. car

Bum deal. Yep parts for new cars no matter what kind are outta this world in price. Its a shame, most of them are made overseas and still cost alot.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can you have any kind of accident these days and it not run $1,000? []
Old 01-31-2006, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

did you at least recover the deer.I know it makes for some expensive venision.and already tenderized on one side
Old 01-31-2006, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think I'd want to be paying your insurance price's ,at least here in Ont .

nubo
Old 01-31-2006, 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: NCYankee

Hit a doe on the way to work tonight! Spun her around like a top, then she ran into the night (real fast when she saw the skinning knife in my hand!). Luckily I saw her early and had time to brake a little. Not much damage to the Passat, just broken cowling and spiderwebbed paint on theupper plastic shroud (of course that's probablya grand in damage!). Better than last time...$3000 in damage (same car). She was probably a yearling and, hopefully, not carrying a fawn. Guess I'll stop by the local PD in the morning and get a report for my insurance guy!
Tell them it was a coyote. That'll throw them off. Here the insurance companies pressure the game commission into herd reduction because of situations just like yours. They don't like to pay $1000 for that little spider web in the paint. There's even been several coyotes killed with tags in the ears from farms. The people who shot them called the farm and asked who purchased the coyotes. It was an insurance company. Maybe if we start telling them their damn coyotes jumped out in front of you they will back off lol
Old 01-31-2006, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Isn't itamazing that the auto companies can take a million dollars worth of parts and build a $20,000 car from them? [8D]

Glad you just winged her. It'd been nasty if she'd come through the windshield. [:-]
Old 01-31-2006, 02:11 PM

It's a dangerous place out there. I've seen more deer laying on the side of the road than I did out in the woods this year!!! I think the county is spreading corn on the middle stripe of the highway!