Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Post Hunting Season Depression... >

Post Hunting Season Depression...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Post Hunting Season Depression...

Old 01-30-2006, 09:36 PM

Default RE: Post Hunting Season Depression...

I'm usually about burnt out by January. I try and occupy myself with other things in the off-season. This year, I'm going to keep 3 game cams up the whole year and check them monthly. I'm also going to try some yote hunting this weekend just to get out of the house.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

certainly a dull time of year. going to the harrisburg in five days and a wake up. thank god. been working around the house alot. I'm glad that the moto gp season starts in like three weeks.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:20 AM

Yeah I left the same way, however, went out small game hunting this weekendwith the .22, no scope, that was fun. Kind of challenging with no scope. It felt good to be back in the woods. Plus I do some coyote hunting.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:03 AM

Yea i feel your pain

Old 01-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have time for getting depressed. I'm a club officer - again - and we're having our first 3D shoot of the year this weekend. Plus I've got rabbits to hunt. Turkey season is only a couple months away. More 3D's. Around the end of April the carp will start coming up to the shallows for bowfishing. Hog hunting. Coyotes and other varmints are always in season.In my spare time, I'm planning on building a replica mideaval crossbow and maybe another longbow. While I'm resting, I can make a few selfbows or quivers or bowstrings....

Old 01-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes I know and I wasnt able to get out this fall so wondering if i can make spring turkey to help with these withdrawal symptoms! [&:]
Old 01-31-2006, 01:18 PM

Why else do you think I’m here stirring up the pot all the time, hunting season is closed. I can’t wait for 1 month before season starts so I can start scouting and getting ready for the season. Guess that means I’ll be around on this web sight for a few more months. HA! Silly little back flips and whatnot.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:49 PM

Have coyote and bobcat hunting to look forward to.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:20 PM

our season ended in wisconsin jan. 3. i had a good season but sad to see it go. i plan to go every chance thati get out and scout and look for sheds. i also got a new trail cam, cant wait to see what that produces.
its a long time till sept.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Spike

Well ,the season ended today in Ohio, 48 days,and about 250 hrs in the woods,One shot the first week of season(missed) and not one single opportunity . to shoot again,probably went a whole month of never seeing deer.Hunted till the end,That Tag isgoing to Taste Goodsautéed with onions... Ha,ha Well all i can say is it isnt my first no deer Season and it wont be My last,Think of the knowledge i gained,......Im really good at Yattzeenow. Ha HA ...Always Next Year, And turkey Season,,,,,,Later All

Quick Reply: Post Hunting Season Depression...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.