Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question for all you 06 bow testers. >

question for all you 06 bow testers.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question for all you 06 bow testers.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default question for all you 06 bow testers.

I am in a quandry. I have decided that i like the 06 bowtech's with out a dout there are just plane fast and sweet. My problem is should i get the tribute or the alligence. I have shot both of them repidedly and love both of them, they also feel exactly the same to me. so what are in you all's opinions some of the pro's and con's of each. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:39 PM

Default RE: question for all you 06 bow testers.

if they feel the same i would get the alligence for the extra speed you'll get
Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Buy them both, and send me the one you decide you don't want to keep... Pm me, and I'll give you my address..
Thank you very much.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:06 PM

Get the one with the longer axle to axle...it will be more forgiving and more stable. Not saying the Tribute is unstable, but the Allegiance would be my choice between the two you listed. Congratulations on finding the best bow currently on the market!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flip a coin. Then buy the bow that has the shortest ATA. The Tribute has a 7 1/2-inch brace height. The Tribute is a sweet little ground blind or treestand bow.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

it's gonna be a toss up between the alliance and tribute. the tribute has a shorter ATA but longer brace height, the legance has a longer ata but shorter brace height..........they will both be equally as forgiving IMHO. the difference in speed and trajectory is not going to be that significant........ if your doing most of you hunting in close quaters, such as blinds, get the tribute for it's compactness.

you will not go wrong with either........ i'm probably gettting a tribute. plus when you buys a tribute, bowtech will conTribute a portion of the profits to Tragedy Assistance Program for Suvivors. that's a big selling point for me! not to metion it was the deadest bow in my hand on release...........absolutly MORBID!!!!!!! i coundn't believe it when i shot it!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:51 AM

Running into same problem. Don't know which one I want.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:16 AM

Ok…I have a solution to help you all decide. Since they both have a different ATA and the string angles will be different. How about you set both bows up with the correct draw length and see what bow puts all three of your anchor points where you want it. If one puts your anchor points in all the right spots as compared to the other, then you found the winner. After all, consistency in every shot is what we are all striving for.

Does that help?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am seriously considering a new bow as well,not that I need one,but because I want one.I have always liked the new things out on the market.I like playing with new bows,sights,rests etc.
Now ,I was going to get the Allegiance last year but being draw length specific(cam interchangable) not mods,I decided against it making the bow much harder to sell down the road.This year(06) models have the interchancable mods and a few improvements.
I to was lost between the two(Tribute-Allegiance) but decided on the Allegiance for 2 reasons----1-Its faster,especially with my 27 inch draw.
2-It feels so much like my Patriot,which I love.
The tribute has a 7.5 inch brace while the Allegiance has a 7 inch.
I know alot of guys here will say speed isnt everything but having a bow that is fast,extremely quiet and accurate is all icing on the cake--hay,you can have your cake and eat it to.
Not sure what I am going to do yet,hunt with the Patriot this year or get the 06 Allegiance---only time will tell.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's why I got both!

I just got them in and it's amazing how just holding them up to each other they look so much alike; in fact, I picked up the Allegiance earlier and thought to myself that I was picking up the Tribute (they were lying side by side) until I looked at the name on the limb...

I'll be reporting back later on about shooting characteristics, feel and all that after I get them set up... Got a busy week ahead of me, so it may be a bit.

Quick Reply: question for all you 06 bow testers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.