Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Contact lens ????? >

Contact lens ?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Contact lens ?????

Old 10-19-2002, 08:32 AM

Default RE: Contact lens ?????

I wear contacts and it's they are the best. It's so easy to shoot and other things cuz you don't have glasses getting in the way.

B8P
Old 10-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't remember when I started wearing contacts, in high school sometimes, but I now have contacts that are weighted so that they actually roll on my eye to correct for stigmatizm. They may have a bi-focal contact that would work about the same. I don't have disposable, mine are soft and I will wear a pair for about two years before getting new ones. These weighted contacts run about $400 a pair, but get my vision around 20/20. I'm not a candidate for lazer, too much stigmatizm. Two people I know that had lazer now have night blindness and dry eye problems, so not all lazer surgerys work perfectly. I've also had them freeze at night while in thier little containers while elk hunting, just had too warm them up and put them in, burrrr! Feels bought like brain freeze from ice cream when putting in cold contacts.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:47 PM

I think the way the bifocal one work is you actually have one contact that is normal vision, and one that is corrected for far-sightedness, at least that is what my mom had. So basically, you would want a bifocal contact for your shooting eye, and a normal vision one for your other eye. Since your normal vision is still ok, you may be able to just get the one contact and just use it when hunting.

I wear the disposables. I usually get a month of two of use out of a pair. I take them out every night though. My eyes can handle 12+ hours before they start feeling iritated, but I've been wearing them for about 15 years.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:59 AM

I have needed glasses since I was a young kid. I have been wearing contacts for a long time and hate wearing glasses. Glasses can fog up, terrible when wearing a face mask, and I cannot see as well with glasses. I am near sighted and have the problem of 40 plus eyes making it difficult to focus close up - a bad combination. I wear disposibles for about 3 to 4 weeks at a time, and I do sleep with them in. For the last several years I have been wearing a contact in my right eye for perfect vision at long range and the contact in my left eye is backed off a little which improves my close up vision. It is called mono vision. 20/20 at long range and decent at close range (reading). It took a few trys on selecting the correct power for the left eye but I am very pleased with the results. I still occassionaly have to slip on a pair of cheap reading glasses, especially if the lighting isn't the best or the print is extremely small. I'll continue to go this route until someone invents a pill I can take at night and wake up the next morning with perfect vision.