HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   for fellow big buck killers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/129856-fellow-big-buck-killers.html)

captain backstrap 01-21-2006 10:14 PM

for fellow big buck killers

Just curious, but if you added the gross score of your six biggest whitetails, what would it be? I know there's some club or group or something that you would be part of if your six biggest scored 900" or more.(150" average)

I live and hunt in eastern Oklahoma, a place not known at all for really big bucks, so I'm proud of my six biggest.
126"
132"
136"
140"
146"
163"

TOTAL :843" average = 140.5"

aeroslinger 01-21-2006 10:15 PM

RE: for fellow big buck killers

Dang captain, those are some nice bucks. Where abouts do you live. I grew up in Bartlesville.

captain backstrap 01-21-2006 10:33 PM

Just south of muskogee. I hunt mostly muskogee and Mcintosh county. I do metal roofs for a living and I sometimes go to Bartlesville to do one. Small world. And by the way, Thanks.

buckhunter14 01-22-2006 05:52 AM

Them sound like some nice deer. Do you have any pics. I like pictures! :)

GregH 01-22-2006 06:39 AM

These are all bow kills.

134"
137"
139"
141"
143"
182"

876" = 146" avg. I guess I really never thought of this before.

DoctorDeath 01-22-2006 07:39 AM

Yeh RIGHTTTTTTTT :D

dd

deer-hunter18 01-22-2006 07:49 AM

Well i have been bowhunting for 5 years now and i am 19 here are the bucks that i have harvested!

104"
115"
109"
137"
158"

Yep i only have 5 bucks so far.

Here is my total and average. Total = 623" Avg.= 124.6

Which means in order to keep up with you my next deer will have to be over 300" :D

This is a really neat post, thanks for posting it.

captain backstrap 01-22-2006 09:03 AM

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

Them sound like some nice deer. Do you have any pics. I like pictures! :)
I have a lot of pics, but I don't have any way that I know of to get them on the computer.[&o]

GregH 01-22-2006 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

dd
What does that mean? You don't think that they're all bow kills or that I never thought of this "900" club?

I've got 6 more bow kills that range from 122" to 133". I don't have any gun kills that score over 115". I usually take does with the gun to help balance the buck/doe ratio and finish off my meat supply. As far as the "900" thing, I've never heard of it before now. Usually I think of the deer I've taken individually, not as some collective number. Regardless of score, if I see a deer that makes me happy, I shoot it, if not I don't. One of my favorite deer doesn't make the record book even though he has 138" of horn on his head. He dressed out at 220# and has a 28" neck just under the jaw. He was the boss buck of the area and a real trophy to me. After 39 seasons of hunting, I've never entered a big buck contest. I've got nothing against them, I just never think about them or go to places where they are offered. I know I would havewon a few of them, but its not important to me. Deer hunting to me is a personal thing, I'm only trying to please myself. I am curious about your jab at me. I don't know you and you don't know me. Besides don't you have something better to post like some fictional thread, " I got #14! - Just kidding" or come visit my web site and see my tremendous buck thing?

DoctorDeath 01-22-2006 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

dd
What does that mean? You don't think that they're all bow kills or that I never thought of this "900" club?

I've got 6 more bow kills that range from 122" to 133". I don't have any gun kills that score over 115". I usually take does with the gun to help balance the buck/doe ratio and finish off my meat supply. As far as the "900" thing, I've never heard of it before now. Usually I think of the deer I've taken individually, not as some collective number. Regardless of score, if I see a deer that makes me happy, I shoot it, if not I don't. One of my favorite deer doesn't make the record book even though he has 138" of horn on his head. He dressed out at 220# and has a 28" neck just under the jaw. He was the boss buck of the area and a real trophy to me. After 39 seasons of hunting, I've never entered a big buck contest. I've got nothing against them, I just never think about them or go to places where they are offered. I know I would havewon a few of them, but its not important to me. Deer hunting to me is a personal thing, I'm only trying to please myself. I am curious about your jab at me. I don't know you and you don't know me. Besides don't you have something better to post like some fictional thread, " I got #14! - Just kidding" or come visit my web site and see my tremendous buck thing?
Gezzzzzzzz Greg CHILL OUT ...your just a little "Gung Ho" aint'cha tiger ? My post "Yehhhh Righttttttt" had NOTHING to do with you ..it ment Yehhhhhh Right I have only ONE mounted buck with a bow NOT 6..so I really have no combined score..so I found it funny and said "yeh rightttt" like I can post a combined score with one buck... lay off the Diet Dew dude ..your a little jumpy !

dd