HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My first "carbonhood".... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/129705-my-first-carbonhood.html)

mobow 01-20-2006 07:30 PM

My first "carbonhood"....

Well, it's raining here this evening, so I decided to go out to the archery shop and do some fine tuning and shooting in preparation for my upcoming 5 spot league. I was shooting with the shop owner's son, whom I am pretty good friends with. Next thing you know.......BOING........I robinhooded my first carbon arrow! I have only done that 2 ther times, and that was with big aluminum jobs about 8 years ago. That was pretty cool. I found the nock back, and it was split perfectly in half. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.......
Yeah.....that was pretty cool.

BowHuntingFool 01-20-2006 07:41 PM

RE: My first "carbonhood"....

As you know it also gets expensive!:eek::D

Trapper_Hunter 01-20-2006 07:43 PM

Congrads. My first was with carbon actually my only one

aeroslinger 01-20-2006 08:17 PM

Ouch! Yea, you first think its pretty cool then you start thinking about buying more arrows[8D]. I've done several alums but never a carb. I just figured the alums were straighter:D

300ultramagshooter 01-20-2006 11:24 PM

congrat's It's been 5 long years since I did my first one and I'm still trying for the second one.:(

GR8atta2d 01-21-2006 06:27 AM

always "cool" the first time, after that, it's kinda dumb!

sr77 01-21-2006 09:52 AM

My buddy has been hunting for 16 years and never shot one. I started bowhunting in 2000. I shot two robinhoods within 2 months at 20 and 30 yds. a few years back both with carbon.To this day he is still trying for his first one.

Shane

Primitive Weapon 01-23-2006 09:29 AM

Here's a picture of my first "carbon-hood". I've kept the arrow stuck together like this, much to the dislike of my wife. She doesn't think it's as cool as I do!

zubba 01-23-2006 09:38 AM

My first carbonhood came about 5 years ago. I at my archery dealers and he kept talking about how I should try this new arrow carbon express came out with. He wanted me to test shoot it there because he thought I would be hooked after I shot it. After forth shot with him looking over my shoulder, I robin hooded a previous arrow. The good part is that I didn't have to pay for it, the bad part was he was right.....I was hooked on them. $$$$$$$$$

sr77 01-23-2006 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: krojemann

My first carbonhood came about 5 years ago. I at my archery dealers and he kept talking about how I should try this new arrow carbon express came out with. He wanted me to test shoot it there because he thought I would be hooked after I shot it. After forth shot with him looking over my shoulder, I robin hooded a previous arrow. The good part is that I didn't have to pay for it, the bad part was he was right.....I was hooked on them. $$$$$$$$$
I use the same arrows, great shaft for all around use.

Shane