Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Arrows with Whisker Biscuit >

Hunting Arrows with Whisker Biscuit

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Arrows with Whisker Biscuit

Old 01-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Arrows with Whisker Biscuit

Yes forgot the quiet part. On recommendation I have is to use feathers instead of vanes....... vanes dont give as much and the first arrows I used peeled back even with little dab of glue on tips, but feathers give and never had one strip off!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice. I think maybe I put the cart before the horse by buying the WB before knowing which arrow (carbon) I will be shooting. Hopefully I can find an arrow that is not a tight fit for the med opening.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: BGHUNTER00

Thanks for the advice. I think maybe I put the cart before the horse by buying the WB before knowing which arrow (carbon) I will be shooting. Hopefully I can find an arrow that is not a tight fit for the med opening.
You can always buy the Biscuit insert in a larger size. They go for about $15.00 not bad if you ask me. After I found out what the proper size should be I switched my other bows to the larger opening. All I did was replace the insert. Didn't change a thing on the bow...took all of 5min. to do it.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

what types of arrows are silent when being drawn through this rest. Thanks.
None , one of the drawbacks of the rest , It not a bad rest but on the draw it makes noise no mater what arrow you use . If its silent in the woods and a deers close your busted . It can be made quiet , but not silent , like many other rests can . Alluminum is probably the quietest , carbons are louder . I went as far as wetsanding the bottom of my carbons and useing car wax on them , and thet still make a slight noise .
Old 01-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

My experience has been just the opposite, I had a doe within 20 yards and drew down on her. Missed in the excitement and knocked and drew a second time, I personally notice no noise with the WB
Old 01-20-2006, 05:52 AM

I use a large hole WB designed for aluminum arrows and use blazers.The carbon arrows I use are Cabelas stalker extremes.They have a smooth finish to them and although they are somewhat shiny,the deer never notice them when the arrow does a complete pass- through.With the use of the large hole and the small blazer vane,there is very little drag on the arrow when it goes through the WB and because of the smooth finish of the arrow,there is no noise when drawing back the bow.One thing one has to consider about the arrow making noise the in the woods is,most of the time,there is usually some wind or a breeze causing the leaves and what ever else to move and make noise.So unless it is dead silent,the deer may never hear the arrow being drawn
Old 01-20-2006, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: BGHUNTER00

I'm going to give the WB a try this year. I have purchased the original medium WB and was curious to see what type of arrow other bowhunters shoot through thiers. I understand that you don't want the arrow to be tight in the rest. I shoot 60 lbs with a 27" draw. I'm mostconcerned with knowing what types of arrows are silent when being drawn through this rest. Thanks.

The Easton Axis ST, Beman ICS Hunter, and Carbon Express Hunter Terminater shafts will all draw silently across the whisker biscuit if the bow is in tune.

You can get a good idea as to the amount of noise an arrow might make by drawing it across a fingernail next to your ear.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 01-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Speaking of WB and hunting arrows....

At a pro shop, the guy told me never use Quick Spins with a WB...that's fine...they should know. A guy I know who visits the same place and used to shoot IBO, hunts with QS fletchings and a WB...says it affects it none. I'm going with the IBO shooter over a hilljack with a crap bow shop.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes have to agree, would value word with someone that had experience then maybe a shop owner....... unless i trusted the shop owner. But then again, I ain't from MO but I would have to try it myself.