Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My results using Blazer vanes >

My results using Blazer vanes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My results using Blazer vanes

Old 01-20-2006, 10:40 AM

Default RE: My results using Blazer vanes

ORIGINAL: BagginBigguns

ORIGINAL: antlerchaser

I purchased a 100 pak of Blazer vanes...
My question is, why in the world would you buy a 100-pack just to try them out? Those things aren't cheap! [&:]

There acctually very cheap. about $.13 per vane i am used to paying $.25 per feather. I havent got to shoot my blazers yet didn't have time today but will do tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:05 AM

I got them for 1 reason. Water repellancy. I have 6 fletched with blazers and 6 with 5" feathers. I take the feathers in good weather and the blazers in wet weather. Nothing looks as cool as spliced feathers! I tried the powders, scotchgaurd, just about everything I could think of to keep my feathers dry. Eventually, they always get water logged. Not with the blazers, and because my impact point is EXACTLY the same with either, I go with blazers in the rain.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

There acctually very cheap. about $.13 per vane i am used to paying $.25 per feather. I havent got to shoot my blazers yet didn't have time today but will do tomorrow.
Yikes! That's way cheaper than I paid for a bunch last summer. Where did you get them?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:49 PM

BassPro. $14 for 100 of em.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:46 PM

WHy purchase 100 ? I paid $12.95 for the 100 pac and they wanted $6 for the 36 pac. which would you buy ? I will use these up on future arrows but I won't take the time and effort to strip perfectly good vanes off of my Goldtips to put them on. I still will shoot them with my broadheads but will wait to get my slicktricks before I do it. Should be interesting.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:27 AM

Just curious antlerchaser,

What exactly were you expecting from the Blazers?? Did you really expect to go out and robin hood a dozen arrows straight?? I'm just not sure what you were thinking was gonna blow your mind about these vanes..........they are after all only vanes......I have never seen anyone push Blazers as a miracle must have product that will start an archery revolution. They are a good, solid, tough vane that is lighter then bigger vanes and some say controls broadheads better. So you pick up a couple fps and maybe your broadheads group a little tighter or out farther.......not much else to say.

Don't forget that when you strap something new on your setup you will witness a placebo effect of sorts whether you know it or not. Simply believing something will make you shoot better could make you focus more on form or be less sloppy in many areas even at almost imperceptable levels. Also if you believe something is all hype the opposite could occur.

Bottom line I guess is that there isn't a vane out there that is gonna make you do backflips when compared to another...........and a lot of time people either talk themselves into or out of changes they want or don't want to be true. Ever see someone add a $85 accessory to their bow and then tell you how much quieter their bow is???........then you shoot with them and it doesn't sound any different to you........his desire to not feel like he wasted his money has him convinced it helps.

would I strip all my arrows and put Blazers on them??...........Yes. I already have. Do I think you are crazy not to????.......Of course not.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:25 PM

atlasman , I agree with you on all points and even asked myself the same question after buying and shooting them - LOL. I was looking for very tight groups which I got with the 3 blazers I shot and then also with the 6 duravaned arrows so if i was more in tune to my form as you suggest , it was consistant with both products and thus - no difference. So my reaction was , big deal , all hype, and that is how I still feel about them. I feel very confident with my set up as isbut am old enough to know , when a product comes along that gets people talking , it's worth checking out as long as it doesn't costme anarm and a leg to do so.

Everything I shoot now has come about through talking and LISTENING to what other have to say and trying to seperate the wheat from the chaff and soon you start to get to know who knows what they are talking about and who is full of hot air. Some folks as you say , talk highly of thier set up because they paid alot for it and they can't deal with the thought of making bad choices and then talk up the products whether thay are good or not.

My next experiment will be to try slick tricks . My thunderheads have been incredibly impressive and will be an arms reach away but the reports on these newer heads have my interest peaked and that, in my mind , is a good thing . Keep checking out new things , keep trying to get that little advantage and to be the best you can be - we owe that much to the animals IMO. Not sure I answered your question but I typed alot - LOL . Good hunting
Old 01-21-2006, 07:22 PM

i put them on 4 arrows last night and shot them this morning and i couldn't be happier! maybe it is like atasman said, i have more confidence in them and i shoot them better. personally i like there flight pattern much better they look like darts, i am also shooting them through a wisker bisket so maybe that has something to do with it? but like you i am not going to strip my 4'' vanes off becuase they shoot good too, but all future arrows will be fletched with blazers