Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My results using Blazer vanes >

My results using Blazer vanes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My results using Blazer vanes

Old 01-18-2006, 06:51 PM

Default RE: My results using Blazer vanes

I shoot bohnong blazers. I have had very good luck. I shoot alot of 3-D shoots and when the targets are getting soft and Isink an arrow all the way to the nock I can pull the arrow right through and still good as new. not all warped and trashed.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another difference in them is the reduction in weight. It's not huge, but for speed freaks they can lose a few more grains by going with blazers. I have shot them for over a year now and don't know that I'll ever go back. They are tough as nails and fly awesome.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:01 AM

Antlerchaser,,you say you noticed NO differance,,but if you think about it....you got the same flight as your longer, larger vanes,,but with less weight and a bit better down range speed.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was gonna mention thattooDroptines.

The big craze over the Blazers is the fact that they givegreat broadhead flight with a much smaller and lighter vane. They were made for broadhead flight and advertised as such. If you test them with broadheads and you're still not impressed , send me a pm and I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

antlerchaser , mobowhunter asked you a pertenate question ,were you useing field tips or fixed broadheds . Blazers are suposedly designed for fixed broadheads . If you answered this question I missed it .
Old 01-19-2006, 06:56 AM

Jimmy , yes I did answer it . I posted everything I did and why I did it. No , I didn't shoot them through ballistic jelly , no , I didn't shoot them through watermellons , no I didn't shoot them through aunt martha's ham to see how the fletching would handle it. The bottom line for me is , it is simply not worth it to strip the duravanes off my current 8 doz.arrows and replace them with Blazers but would have no problem buying shafts and placing Blazers on them in the future. I have already stated this but I don't think people take the time to read the posts. I do not go to shoots so can't speak of that , I hunt , and practice , hunt and practice and that's about it. The weight difference is pretty minnimal but if some of you think it's a big thing , that's fine. They do look pretty cool , I will give them that. This is getting pretty comical , you would think I was trashing these things - LOL
Old 01-19-2006, 07:04 AM

for you icon happy boys , where are your test results to back up your claims ?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:55 AM

I shoot thru a WB for hunting, and no other vane can match the blazers - also, when shooting side by side with 4in vanes, there is noticeable speed increase with blazers, as well as more penetration into the block4x4. And to me they're consistently more accurate. I agree with the earlier post that the Blazer's top selling point is broadhead accuracy.

Old 01-19-2006, 08:05 AM

My understanding is that the only real advantages that the blazers are supposed to give you is better flight with fixed broadheads although I do not quite understand exactly why, less weight and less noise.

Shooting fieldtips with them simply showed you that the smaller vane performed just as well as a larger vane. The true test for you would be to try an identically sized duravane or plastifletch vane alongside the blazers.

Old 01-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I missed that you used only field tips , I did read the whole thread , but missed it . Like I stated before they were designed with fixed broadhead in mind , so your test was not what they were designed for . I shoot feathers exclusively , so I could care less , but I see alot of pepole hunt with these things nowadays .

Quick Reply: My results using Blazer vanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.