HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My results using Blazer vanes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/129357-my-results-using-blazer-vanes.html)

Bees 01-19-2006 08:45 AM

RE: My results using Blazer vanes

3 fletched with Blazers and 6 fletched with 5" plastic vanes) my coclusion was that there is simply no difference.

I didn't find any difference between those and 5 inch feathers either, and the feathers weigh less.

CBM SC 01-19-2006 09:19 AM

They are supposed to give you "as" good of accuracy as a 4" vane !! For folks wanting that extra bit of speed or more foc .............they are perfect...........same accuracy but less weight !

Bees 01-19-2006 10:02 AM

I repeat they didn't do anything I can't get done with a 4 or 5 inch feather.

deer-hunter18 01-19-2006 12:33 PM

Just got my blazers in the mail today, and fletched them up. I will have a report for you tomorrow at about this time. I hope i like them, they just look so small compared to my 4" feathers.

atlasman 01-19-2006 12:58 PM

I shot 2" Blazers for the first time last year and all my arrows are fletched with them now. They are light, easy, tough and accurate. I saw improved broadhead flight especially at longer distances say like 40-50 yards......this is with 4 blade Stingers. Did they knock my socks off as an unbelievable step up???? Of course not.........but then again nothing in archery really does once you get to a certain point. Improvements in archery come in VERY small doses and are very subjective to individual tastes.

BOWFANATIC 01-19-2006 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Bees

Except repell water.;)

Send them to me then and I'll put them to good use.

antlerchaser 01-19-2006 09:20 PM

atlasman , very good points .

BagginBigguns 01-20-2006 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: antlerchaser

I purchased a 100 pak of Blazer vanes...
My question is, why in the world would you buy a 100-pack just to try them out? Those things aren't cheap! [&:]

treblig 01-20-2006 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Bees

you're probably right, but they look cool, which lets face it, weighs heavily in many shooters scorebooks

viper4358 01-20-2006 10:31 AM

As already mentioned, they perform the same whether wet or dry. They are as light as feathers (improved FOC) and they are silent compared to feathers. I still have a few arrows fletched with feathers and shot them the other day to compare. I couldn't believe just how loud the feathers were compared to the blazers. We spend a ton of money and time to silence our bows - doesn't make sense to shoot a loud arrow. Seems like a no brainer to me.