HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   IMPORTANT! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/12919-important.html)

whistlepig 10-17-2002 09:46 AM

IMPORTANT!

I'm sorry to double post, but this is important.

Deborah Hastings, of the Associated Press, wrote an article today that has been reprinted in various papers and websites around the US. In the article about the Beltway Sniper, she says "On Tuesday, FBI analyst Linda Franklin was identified as the hunter's newest victim". I don't know about you, but I'm enraged that the term "hunter" was applied to this maniac. It further reinforces the negative stereotypes that are regularly place on us. PLEASE! write, e-mail, fax, call, etc. the Associated Press and FOX News channel and let them know that you're upset. The only way we can turn things around is to use the same Public Relations tactics those PETA freaks use. Flood the phonelines and inboxes with complaints.

The AP's headquarter's number is 212-621-1500, or e-mail them at [email protected]. Call the AP and ask to speak directly with Ms. Hastings. Please be polite, but firm. Do not do anything to give us a bad name. Contact FOXNews at [email protected].

Here's a link to the article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,65925,00.html

Please! STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN!

trapperDave 10-17-2002 09:51 AM

RE: IMPORTANT!

Why dont they call him what he is...MURDERER!

GForce 10-17-2002 10:09 AM

They haven't called him "murderer" for lack of shock value. The use of "hunter" was not a freudian slip either. My guess is a hidden ajenda.

GForce

Shoot often - Hunt always

pdq 5oh 10-17-2002 09:05 PM

whistlepig, I tried to e-mail, but the A.P. link doesn't work. Does anyone have an e-mail addy? Below is a copy of my e-mail. I will gladly grant anyone who wants to, my permission to copy and send it.

To Whom It May Concern,
It has been brought to my attention that Deborah Hastings termed the murderous sniper in, and around, the Washington DC area a "hunter". "On Tuesday, FBI analyst Linda Franklin was identified as the hunter's newest victim". This is a quote from her article. I strongly object to her gross misuse of the word hunter, in this context. This killer is not a hunter. This killer is a cold, calculating murderer, not a hunter. The President of the United States is a hunter, for God sakes. Does that make him, or any hunter, a murderer? Should Ms. Hastings be trying to further some hidden agenda, she is a sorry excuse for a journalist. To attempt such is unthinkable, given the vehicle she is using. Please instruct Ms. Hastings to refrain from using the word hunter, when referring to the sniper. Why not refer to this killer as he/she really is, a cold hearted, murdering piece of s**t that deserves to die horribly. I am sure I am not the only law abiding hunter to feel this strongly, nor do I expect I am the only one to tell you so. Your's upset and fuming, fill in your name.

Phil.
"Could you guys be quiet, my dad's trying to shoot."

whistlepig 10-18-2002 06:29 AM

Depending on what internet browser you're using, it might not let you compose an e-mail simply by clicking the address. I use InternetExplorer, but I write all my e-mails using LotusNotes (don't tell my boss). I still had to type the address into my e-mail. There ought to be a little better interface between IE and LotusNotes that allows that capability. But that's another issue.

pdq 5oh 10-18-2002 12:35 PM

Thanks. I typed in the addy, and it flew.

Phil.
"Could you guys be quiet, my dad's trying to shoot."

trmichels 10-19-2002 08:26 AM

Sounds like you guys are doing what has to be done, to protect us hunters. I got an update from the United Sportsmen's Alliance (formerly FWLA) about an article that was in a New York paper calling the "Sniper" a "hunter." It sounds like it was the same article. As an oudoor writer I had to say something. The guy is a murder, not a hunter. I told them as a Christian I felt sorrow and prayed for the vicitms families, and all those who are afraid to go outside. As an American I'm disgusted about this murderer, and hope they catch him before he murders more people. I also pray that he realizes he is hurting people, and stops what he is doing. But, if the guy is a psychopath there is probably little chance of that. There is obviously something morally/psychologically wrong with someone who commits mass/serial murders. He needs help, and he needs to get stopped.

Keep up the good work guys. As hunters, we need all the positive Presse Relations we can get.

Commit a random act of kindness today, and blame it on God.

"Jesus is Lord"

God bless America, those affected by the sniper, and you and all of your loved ones,

T.R. Michels
Trinity Mountain Outdoors
[email protected]

T.R. Michels