Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Archery League ??? >

Archery League ???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery League ???

Old 01-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Archery League ???

There is a archery league opening up this week in my area. From what I understand it is shooting at game on a screen of some kind. There is a computer that runs the video and scoring. I don't know much more about it than that. Anyone ever done this before that could shed some light on the subject for me?
Old 01-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Archery League ???

There is one in my area, I haven't done it, but it looks like fun. Infact if that guy that owned the range wasn't such a flake I would go shoot there. His shop is in Arlilngton Texas, only about 12 miles from my house. If you get a chance to do this, do it, you'll like it.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:17 PM

Its called Technohunt or is along the same lines as that machine. I've shot this type of league the last two summers and it's a blast. Good practice for interpreting shot angles and kill zones on all sorts of animals.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

It is definately a blast. The league would be fun to get in and check your skills against the other competition. I like 3D as well.

It is worth getting a couple of friends together and talk a little trash while shooting (helps build your confidence when your being heckled by yoru buddies). We don't do that in the league though.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:14 PM

ive shot it, not for league, but it is still much fun.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds great! Could this be the same thing Bass Pro Shops used to have??
Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive shot it once. Its awesome.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a pro shop near us that has one. It seems to be great, you only have some many seconds to shoot and if you shoot late the score doesnt count, and you have to be on the money.....when i get back from Iraq I am gonna try it.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Join, you will love it. I shoot every year in our league and do well individually, as a team we do ok. It definately helps with shot choice and angle. One hint though, on some series, preditors and varmits are bullseyes when you shoot them in the head. Just be careful, there are some disks that do not score it that way.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:27 PM

You'll LOVE turkey heads. I think you'll learn some new 4 letter words that you didn't even know existed.

Quick Reply: Archery League ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.