Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trail cam picture BIG BUCK!!!!!UPDATED BIGGER PIC >

Trail cam picture BIG BUCK!!!!!UPDATED BIGGER PIC

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail cam picture BIG BUCK!!!!!UPDATED BIGGER PIC

Old 01-06-2006, 10:03 AM

Default RE: Trail cam picture BIG BUCK!!!!!

Thanks shed, dont worry there will be plenty more pictures. I'm sure some people are going to get sick of me posting all of the buck pictures that i get.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I came within a touch of the key-board of buying a Leaf River IR camera about a month or so ago. The only thing that held me up was a pm from another well respected member that gave me some good inside information about an up coming LR that is going to have all the attributes that I am looking for in a camera. So I am holding tight until it comes out. I really want to get into the trail camera scouting...I can only imagine how cool it is to go check your camera and get results like your already getting. I am also interested in seeing how the flash on your camera affects the mature bucks. I have listened to both sides of this issue. It will be neat to see if he keeps coming back and gets accustomed to your set up. I would think with a feeding station he should. I am not so sure if a guy were to put a camera...ie..flash and clicking noise near an old bucks bedding area..how he would react..this is where I want to monitor some pretty careful bucks I am after. From the info I recieved on the LR to come..it's suppose to have a fast trigger, infared... no flash ....like I said I cant wait..

Does your cuddy..camera make much of a noise...when it takes the photos?
Old 01-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have listened to both sides of this issue. It will be neat to see if he keeps coming back and gets accustomed to your set up. I would think with a feeding station he should. I am not so sure if a guy were to put a camera...ie..flash and clicking noise near an old bucks bedding area..how he would react..this is where I want to monitor some pretty careful bucks I am after
Im telling you the flash doesnt bother them as I said before, I have thousands of pics as does my buddy labhunter, what more proof do you need? You want to see more big bucks PM me and I'll show you the flash doesnt bother them, even big boys like this guy who came by the same spot this year many times.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:52 AM

wheres the droptines in wisconsin?!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maryland tyvm
Old 01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome pics Diesel.. very nice..yeah tell me more..where do you set up your cameras..ie..feeding, bedding. travel routes.. I would love to hear more..and see pics..shoot me pm any time..

As for my concerns about the "flash", Like I said, I listen to both sides..I have no verdict as of yet. I probably won't until I get a Digital IR and then do some of my own testing with a seperate flash style camera...It would make for an interesting experiement....
Troy
Old 01-06-2006, 01:06 PM

All i am going to tell you Shed33 is that i have heard bad bad things about the LR, for one the trigger speed is horrible. You may end up getting a lot of blank pictures, maybe not on the new one i haven't heard anything about that one. This buck stood at the corn pile for 1 hour getting his picture taken 6 different times, I personally think the flash doesn't spook them. I doesn't make any noise, they probably have no clue. I hope if you buy the leaf river you get tons and tons of great pictures and the camera works great for you, i have just heard bad things that is why i choose the cuddeback with the .63 sec triggerspeed.

Diesel you have some awesome pictures, how long have you been doing the trail cam thing? If you have anypointers or just want to share some pictures you can PM me or email me, my email [email protected]
that buck with the drop tine is AWESOME. Do you have any suggestions on what kind of mineral supply i should put out there this spring to keep them coming by the camera, or should i keep using corn? I heard your not supposed to give them corn in the spring, i dont know why but that is what i was told. I want to try to get a picture of this buck in velvet.

Oh and by the way the reason i am not hunting is because the wind is completly opposite of what i need it to be to hunt the stand where i think the buck is coming from.

Here is a picture of a deer that i think may be blind from the flash lol.

Thanks for any help,
deer-hunter18

Old 01-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard both great things and bad things...As far as the LR goes.. the info I got makes me want to wait it out ...because its suppose to have a much better trigger...Like anything this info from you guys is great. Thanks.. I have no practice with these cameras and can only go off of what you guys find out in your own experiences.. Thanks again..

Troy
Old 01-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome pics Diesel.. very nice..yeah tell me more..where do you set up your cameras..ie..feeding, bedding. travel routes..
All I can tell you is that big bucks dont often come out to feed until just before dark or when its completely dark, you know what everyone says , they didnt get thatbig by being stupid. So, with that being said if you want to find out when the big boys are feeding put a camera or cameras in a staging area, youve been corning, near what you think may be a bedding area that holds a big buck or several that you could get a crack at before dark or coming in to bed in the morning.
Also, during the rut, big bucks travel alot and far, so pics you may get of bucks you havent seen before could be from a visitor from another area a mile or 2 away and normally we get pics of him for several days then poof, he's gone. Ifhe's a real bruiserhunt that area all day for a few days if possible. Once the rut is in full swing pics of big bucks almost completely stop because the does they are chasing eventuallygo into breed mode and become unsocial and go off with their stud to breed in privacy for a few days and we dont get many pics of the big boys, but lots and lots of fawns and little bucks when Ive had as many as 300 pics on one camera in one 24 hr period so regular batteries arent the way to go and get 2 as big as you can getmemory sticks, 12v car batteries are the ticketif your are in a high traffic area. Its cheaper in the long run. 6 C cell batteries every 3 or 4 nights gets expensive during a season if you are getting 1,000+ pics every 4 or 5 days.

Do you have any suggestions on what kind of mineral supply i should put out there this spring to keep them coming by the camera, or should i keep using corn? I heard your not supposed to give them corn in the spring, i dont know why but that is what i was told.
Ive tried mineral licks many many tims and didnt have good luck with them. So I dont use them anymore for picture bait, all my pics were of deer eating or standing near corn. I have used deer corn, corn mixed with a molasses syrup but its a little more expensive than corn so again, I just use corn even though the deerreally really love the syrup corn. As far as not using corn in Spring, I dont know if you arent suppossed to use corn, but the deerdont need to eat corn because thereare tasty new morsels sprouting up all over so you wont get many pics over corn in Spring. Try putting your camera on a major trail near water, a creek, pond, etc ... or on a path entering a soy bean field edge so you get pics of deer cruising the edge of the field and entering/exiting the field all in the same view.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great Pics Diesel77!!! That is a nice buck I hope you get in his kitchen next year