HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   i need your guy's opinions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/127114-i-need-your-guys-opinions.html)

OhiobowHunter56 12-31-2005 09:50 PM

i need your guy's opinions

i'm sure u guys have heard of the red dot scopes you can now put on your bow.. i was thinking about purchasing one because i have one on my shotgun and love it and having one on my compound would be awesome in my opinion .. dont get me wrong i like my 4 pin sights i have i just think a 42 mm red dot would be nice.. what do you guys think? anyone tried it or use it?

Matt/TN 01-01-2006 01:26 AM

RE: i need your guy's opinions

I would say the would add alot of weight to your bow i would get some slider sights or stick with the 4 pins they all kill deer the same

Rich Baker 01-01-2006 02:03 AM

Why not just rifle hunt? geez

ilovehunting 01-01-2006 09:16 AM

Im not trying tobash anyone but using a red dot scope on a bow seems to take the point of bowhunting out of it. Just my thought

BowHunter46 01-01-2006 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: ilovehunting

Im not trying tobash anyone but using a red dot scope on a bow seems to take the point of bowhunting out of it. Just my thought
I know what you mean but does it really matter what kind of sight it is. A sight is asight. They all do the same thing. I would say that if you wanna get a red dot sight on your bow then just go ahead and do it =)

DaveC 01-01-2006 03:03 PM

If it's the kind I'm thinking of there is no magnification involved.

If it would give you more confidence inshot placement then by all means do it.

MOTOWNHONKEY 01-01-2006 06:21 PM

Use what ever you like, you still have to draw and shoot. I see it giving no advantage to the hunter what so ever. The red dot is in the scope not on the animal. Let us know how it works.

SteveBNy 01-01-2006 06:32 PM

Why not just rifle hunt? geez
Let me guess - new trad shooter?

The 1x red dot is no different than a single pin site

jepcho 01-01-2006 07:41 PM

My personal opinion, No I wouldn't use one. I dont see anything wrong with it I guess, I just dont think it is for me.

gspjeb 01-02-2006 07:49 AM

I shoot with a lot of red dots on competition guns and I honestly can't see the advantage of using one on a bow.....you have to replace the batteries and some of the lithiums can get expensive. There is no magnification (on most). I guess the biggest thing for me is that any electronic device is prone to failure..........I have had them get condensation inside them during rainy days........batteries die when you don't expect it........and I can't set multiple ranges with them (you just have to know hold off) IMO it looks cool, but doesnt give you any advantage and may actually take away some of your ability to take shots at differing distances.