HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New Years eve Buck (cuz's 1st deer) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/127111-new-years-eve-buck-cuzs-1st-deer.html)

Trapper_Hunter 12-31-2005 09:18 PM

New Years eve Buck (cuz's 1st deer)

This wasnt with a bow but thought i would share the story with you guys anyways. The tracking we did I learned from this website :D

this weekend is the 15 and under free youth hunt so me my couson and my grandma went out and got in the treestand.Sit there for about 5 minutes and here comes my little beagle lol so i gotta get down and run her back to the house. I get back in the tree and we sit there for a while and here comes a deer through the woods in the field. I tell HER deer and she looks up and was like OMG OMG OMG. I trade spots with her and she looks through the scope waiting for it to walk on into th open field. Well it does and here come 5 more and i was like this is going to be a pretty good trip afterall.I asked her if she had one of the deer in the scope and can get a good shot(I explained to her where sheshould shoot at) she looks throuh and tells me she has a good shot so she cocks the trigger back(marlin 30-30) and then she tells me she cant do this she is to afraid. So i let the trigger back down andasked her whatswrong and she said im afraid the gun is going 2 hurt.I told her if it hurt i wouldgive her $21when we gotback to the house.She was like im still scared i wanna go back to the house. So i get the gun take all the shells out of it and was like if u was going 2 be scared why even come come and even try to take the deer. Then she said put a shell back in the dang gun. I did and handed it back to her and she aimed cocked teh gun back and shot. We climbed down and went back to the house to get some lights. She said she was shaking and her heart was racing badly lol..... we look around where she shot and found a good pice of blood.(kinda dark) we look around and find blood here and there and finally get on a decent trail.. Follow to the woodline and no blood from there :( So me and my couson just keep looking around through a really thick stuff while my grandpa had 2 go back to the house and tlak with the people before they went on to church. WE walked and looked and i finally seen it. When we walked to it I said its a buck. It had little spikes comming out of the top of his head. Barely breaking the skin. She was really excited.

LoL Just thought i would share this story with u of her 1st deer. She wants to go back out tommrow :D

Trapper_Hunter 12-31-2005 09:19 PM

RE: New Years eve Buck (cuz's 1st deer)

OH yea I didnt have to give her that $21 she said the gun didnt even kick;)

OhiobowHunter56 12-31-2005 10:07 PM

nothin like your first deer(especially a buck whether its a button buck or a monster) with a 30-30 to top it off;)

Pa Trophy Man 12-31-2005 10:37 PM

congrats

Matt/TN 01-01-2006 01:14 AM

My first deer was witha 30-30 and it was a button buck :D